Driver license issue with VAWA

alexcalifornia

Registered Users (C)
I was a conditional resident who was victim of abuse and got out of the marriage and has finally filed for VAWA, I am now in removal proceeding as my I-751 got denied for some ridiculous reasons that even made the Immigration judge laugh !! (like the fact that you have a join bank account and car insurance with your ex wife represent some inconsistency in relationship to the abuse..etc) anyway the Judge told me that most of I-751 based on abuse get denied for no solid reason and I m no exception despite the evidences I provided with my case, he gave me another date in 8 month to come back and see him to see if my VAWA is approved or not, meanwhile my Driver's license has just expired a week ago and I tried to renew it since 2 month with the VAWA prima Facie but DMV says that they are not able to verify my legal pesence with that paper !! any body had that type of experience or any info?? I asked for a temporary permit, talked to 2 supervisors and even some managers in their main office in Sacramento and they dont care,all they want is the GC , I went to look up the California regulation code title 13 and the law is not really clear when it comes to renewal. it talks about applying for the original DL and the fact that you should be authorized by federal law to be in the country. thanks for any help

alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I really didnt deal with any clerk, I contacted their office in Sacramento where they sent the ''Driver License Limited Term Extension'' notice, thanks for trying to help but you are off topic, those online renewal are for people who are Citizen or PR and receive a renewal notice not a CR who receive limited term extension notice. if any body has any similar experience with a vawa prima facie and DMV please share. thank you

I really didnt deal with any clerk, I contacted their office in Sacramento where they sent the ''Driver License Limited Term Extension'' notice, thanks for trying to help but you are off topic, those online renewal are for people who are Citizen or PR and receive a renewal notice not a CR who receive limited term extension notice.
Well, the web site and the downloadable renewal form didn't say anything about the mail or online renewal only being for citizens and PR who received a renewal notice. You are PR ... try it and see if they'll renew it that way. This time when you renew, it's not supposed to be "limited term" anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: