Dress code for Interview

spshastr

Registered Users (C)
I have a very silly question.Do you wear formal clothes for a citizenship interview??
Thanks in advance

i would wear a collor shirt regular pants and shoes ( no tennis shoes , jeans and t-shirt) , but u can wear whatever u want , I also think they do require somekinda dress cod when u taking the oath ... this is just a wild guess

spshastr said:
I have a very silly question.Do you wear formal clothes for a citizenship interview??
Thanks in advance

Its not a silly question but a very vaild question. Even though they really don't care about the dress but I think you should wear a professional dress. I saw people in jeans and I also saw people in business suites.
I watched a video on the citizenship interview and they recomended that one should dress up for the occasion as it leaves a good impression on the interviewing officer. The bottom line is it never hurts to have a good dress.

Thanks a lot

I was thinking of wearing a formal dress but didnt want to be overdressed and feel funny.
Thanks I think I will wear a suit as I dont have any business casual.

spshastr said:
I was thinking of wearing a formal dress but didnt want to be overdressed and feel funny.

You can wear a suit if you have one. It does not hurt to go well dressed. Good luck.

spshastr said:

You're absolutely right. I was wearing a black suit for the interview. Yeah, I felt definitely FUNNY, wondering why I was wearing a suit.

Just wear whatever you want. I guess you can wear a swimsuit if you want. lol. just kidding.

Please don't wear a suit. :)

spshastr said:

A formal dress and high heels would probably not be the best idea.... particularly if you are a man...

:)

nudist said:
A formal dress and high heels would probably not be the best idea.... particularly if you are a man...

That is not correct. Immigration Officer shouldn't be judging on sexual preferences/orientation :)

nudist said:

nudist,
A dress code suggestion from the "nudist" ? Ha,..ha..ha..
Please take it on lighter side!

Good Luck!

There is no specific dress code for the interview, however, they do ask you to dress appropriately for the oath ceremony.

I think the question you need to ask yourself is, what impression would I have of the person infront of me dressed in "T" shirth, Jeans, and sneakers if I were the interviewer, and how do I feel about myself when I dress appropriate. Confident, relaxed, and believable. The same reason lawyers wear suit and tie.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Radni said:
nudist,
A dress code suggestion from the "nudist" ? Ha,..ha..ha..
Please take it on lighter side!

Of course I take it on the lighter side. and likewise, I made the cross dressing comment in jest.

and think how many more times you do laundry than I do......

BTW, my wife has oath ceremony Friday (day after tomorrow). I'll report when I sober up!

My wife is planning to wear a dress like the one in the photo. Is it appropriate. Please suggest.

jp1972 said:
My wife is planning to wear a dress like the one in the photo. Is it appropriate. Please suggest.

Im chucking along now laughing hard!!! :D So much paranoia... Nice dress, nice model :cool:

Rahul Kumar said:
Im chucking along now laughing hard!!! :D So much paranoia... Nice dress, nice model :cool:

I have interview maniana. :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: I plan to wear Black *DKNY* jeans, and Blue shirt, and NIke * shocks* sneakers. and fruite of the loom boxers.

shaky said:
I have interview maniana. :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: I plan to wear Black *DKNY* jeans, and Blue shirt, and NIke * shocks* sneakers. and fruite of the loom boxers.
Any deodorants? Just kiddin :) I am in that kinda mood today, after my interview letter...