• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dora

majdo

Hello Everyone,

I received my DV-2007 winner notification in the middle of April. Both my spouse and I are currently in the US based on my work visa. I decided to go for the AOS. I already read a lot of posts on this website describing the AOS process and I am still not sure what should I do next.

I live in the Dallas area and as I found out from my lawyer and from the USCIS website about the Dallas district office pilot program called DORA (Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment) allowing to file the AOS application in person and to have the interview on the same day. The Dallas district office should be able to process the AOS within 90 days if they accept the AOS application and everything goes smoothly.

I checked out the USCIS website for the DORA program eligibility requirements and the DV lottery winners should be eligible for the DORA program as well.
When I called the USCIS national support center and talked to an immigration officer he said I have to send my application to the Chicago lockbox and insisted the DORA pilot is only for family based AOS.

Does anyone have more information about the DORA pilot program?

Is following the correct sequence of events for the AOS?
1. Send DSP-122 to KCC
2. Send DV fee to the Department of State
3. Submit AOS application (lockbox) when my DV rank is current
4. Wait for an interview

Please help.

I would suggest to check with an immigration attorney abt DORA.If you have read it that DV cases are also eligible then they ought to be....sometime the person you spoke with is not upto mark etc.

Your sequence abt.AOS is absolutly correct.

Good Luck!!!

My attorney who works on my EB GC told me about the DORA pilot program. She did not sound wery confident when we discussed this issue and therefore I do not know how much she really knows about the DV program. Also she did not say a word about the DV fee I have to send to Department of State.

I found information about DORA at this URL: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Procedure.htm

I am thinking about scheduling an Infopass appointment and talk to an immigration officer at Dallas district office in person.

OH YES! you can do DORA definitely! I Am DV 2006 winner.I did DORA , and got GC in 2 months.dont belive what they tell you on the phone, they only know general stuff. Please do DORA, it will save your time. have you sent your papers to KCC and got any letter from them? after that, you have to wait until your case number becomes current, and then make info pass appoitment for dora. DV 2007 cases will start in october 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
majdo said:
My attorney who works on my EB GC told me about the DORA pilot program. She did not sound wery confident when we discussed this issue and therefore I do not know how much she really knows about the DV program. Also she did not say a word about the DV fee I have to send to Department of State.

I found information about DORA at this URL: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Procedure.htm

I am thinking about scheduling an Infopass appointment and talk to an immigration officer at Dallas district office in person.
You should have had that immigration officer at the USCIS national support center to look at the link above. It can't be said any more clear than that:
"Step 1: Determine eligibility to participate in the Pilot Program

Participation in the pilot is entirely voluntary but it is limited to customers whose petitions and applications meet one or more of the following criteria:

Based on a family relationship;

Diversity Visa Lottery winner; and

Special Immigrant with an approved Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant."

naser said:
OH YES! you can do DORA definitely! I Am DV 2006 winner.I did DORA , and got GC in 2 months.dont belive what they tell you on the phone, they only know general stuff. Please do DORA, it will save your time. have you sent your papers to KCC and got any letter from them? after that, you have to wait until your case number becomes current, and then make info pass appoitment for dora. DV 2007 cases will start in october 2006.
Naser,

Congratulations to your GC and thank you for the information. I definitely want to do the AOS through DORA program.
Would you be so kind and provide me with a list of forms you used when you did DORA yourself. I am the DVC2007 winner and I need to do the AOS for my wife as well but some of the USCIS forms I downloaded of the internet are a bit confusing to me. Did you use a lawyer for filling up the forms or did you apply by yourself?
I still have not sent anything to KCC but I plan to do so this week. Did you send the DV fee mentioned in the KCC notification letter at the same time as you sent the DSP-122 form to KCC?

majdo said:
Naser,

Congratulations to your GC and thank you for the information. I definitely want to do the AOS through DORA program.
Would you be so kind and provide me with a list of forms you used when you did DORA yourself. I am the DVC2007 winner and I need to do the AOS for my wife as well but some of the USCIS forms I downloaded of the internet are a bit confusing to me. Did you use a lawyer for filling up the forms or did you apply by yourself?
I still have not sent anything to KCC but I plan to do so this week. Did you send the DV fee mentioned in the KCC notification letter at the same time as you sent the DSP-122 form to KCC?

Majdo, you need to send DSP-122 as soon as possible.make sure you dont make any mistakes filling it out.when your number becomes current, at least a month before you will receive the letter from KCC . then you should send your DV fee. that fee is different from the fee you pay on your DORA interview. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Overview.htm