DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

That appears to be the case with all DORA filers. It's a F***'d up program, I can see it's failed miserably.
My friend filed regularly (not DROA) in March 2006 for his wife and they got processed in december ( she left 2 months during the summer during which the case was on hold)
and We applied through this DORA business and looks like nothing happens in this imaginary/illusive Missouri center (can't find it on the processing times lists).
They left us with no options however but to file through DORA since they made it mandatory to go through them !!
One good thing I see about this is at least we know there's nothing in our hands, we don't have to wait for interview, etc....

ID 1/16/07
Receipt date 1/23
FP 2/14
Nothing yet, no 70 day letter..

That appears to be the case with all DORA filers. It's a F***'d up program, I can see it's failed miserably.
My friend filed regularly (not DROA) in March 2006 for his wife and they got processed in december ( she left 2 months during the summer during which the case was on hold)
and We applied through this DORA business and looks like nothing happens in this imaginary/illusive Missouri center (can't find it on the processing times lists).
They left us with no options however but to file through DORA since they made it mandatory to go through them !!
One good thing I see about this is at least we know there's nothing in our hands, we don't have to wait for interview, etc....

ID 1/16/07
Receipt date 1/23
FP 2/14
Nothing yet, no 70 day letter..

Hi:

Even though you had a bad experience, the program has been successful for many. Our application was approved in under 2 months! I was glad we were able to file through DORA (even though our property is in San Diego, we are in Dallas for a few years of study, which enabled us to use DORA).

Best of luck and don't give up!

Dora 72 days no result

Hi guys,

Please see my timeline.Please share your thoughts when to expect an approval.Also, is there any significance for day 70?Does most of you got approved on or before day 70?

Any thoughts experience be great!!!

iffy

Iffy,
My timeline is EXACTLY like yours
1/16
receipt 1/23
FP 2/14
I don't know what LUD means?
Have not received the 70 day notice yet. The significance is that you want to apply for Employment authorization about that time to get it on or about 90 days. In case the processing prolongs.

kfa
Thanks for a quick response. LUD means last update on your account. For that you have to go to uscis website and make an account then whenever they touch ur file you will see an update online.
also, tell me if you have already applied for work authorization? how one can do that?
iffy

Dora/ead

I have not applied for EAD yet.
I took an info pass for this coming Monday to do so.
Have NOT yet received the "70 day" letter/notice
Question to all
Can I apply for EAD without the 70 day notice and what would the time frame be for processing
a) 3 months as the usual EAD, or
b) within 3 months from the original DORA interview date?
Last question is the 70 days start from Interview date or Receipt date?
Thanks to all.

I applied 485 on Dec 11, 2006 through DORA
received so-called 70 days letter on Feb 24, 2007
applied EAD on Mar 8, 2007
finger print on Mar 13, 2007
received EAD card on Mar 22, 2007

Hope this'll help you.

I applied through DORA on 28th March. Interview went well, DOA told me to wait on FP date and NSEERS interview date. I have applied for work permit with my i485. These are my questions.

1. Since I was out of status after filing 485 and my interview what is my current status? while my 485 is pending.

2. Anyone here has any experience with NSEERS interview? What to expect in this interview.

3. Do you have to go for another FP for EAD or is this the same FP you do initially.

Thanks

Good Luck

Hi kfa!
Good luck with your info pass, just let us informed how that thing works out for u?

I applied through DORA on 28th March. Interview went well, DOA told me to wait on FP date and NSEERS interview date. I have applied for work permit with my i485. These are my questions.

1. Since I was out of status after filing 485 and my interview what is my current status? while my 485 is pending.

2. Anyone here has any experience with NSEERS interview? What to expect in this interview.

3. Do you have to go for another FP for EAD or is this the same FP you do initially.

Thanks

Hi:

All your questions have been answered on this site. I checked to make sure. Use the "search function" - happy searching!

Hi:

All your questions have been answered on this site. I checked to make sure. Use the "search function" - happy searching!

Thanks for your response.

1. For NSEERS I did find a thread and according to that thread NSEERS interview depends on where you are. So I was hoping that maybe someone who has gone through DORA (which is dallas/tx) may be if someone has any experience with the process.

2. On 485 stauts I did alot of search but I didnt find anything specific as far as what is my stauts while my 485 is pending (since i was outof status). Maybe I missed the thread. But if you know the answer I appreciate if u direct me to right direction.

they did not take the EAD application.
And they said they will send the 70 days notice
They also said it'll be more than 90 days since it's still pending FBI clearance.

Thanks for your response.

1. For NSEERS I did find a thread and according to that thread NSEERS interview depends on where you are. So I was hoping that maybe someone who has gone through DORA (which is dallas/tx) may be if someone has any experience with the process.

2. On 485 stauts I did alot of search but I didnt find anything specific as far as what is my stauts while my 485 is pending (since i was outof status). Maybe I missed the thread. But if you know the answer I appreciate if u direct me to right direction.

Hi:

I have had no experiences with the NSEERS interview in Dallas - I was not subject to NSEERS.

Your status, upon issuance of your I485 receipt, is "AOS pending." You are no longer out of status. However, if you have accrued illegal presence, especially more than 180 days, you must NOT file for AP and travel.

Hello,
I see that your case was approved for under 2 months, and i'd like to share my experience with you.
I and my husband (USC) filled through DORA On Jan 4th, 2007. I received a fingerprints appt, got this done. Then we moved to Houston were my husband is going to school, and I got a semester off from my school, which is Denton, since we moved. Anyway, I am not worried about my status, because my case is pending.
What happened is that I am having trouble changing my address, which sounds ridiculous because it is suppose to be really easy. I did submit a change of address form and called the USCIS cust. service line 3 times!
What I am concerned about is that today the 90 DORA days are up, and I don't know what to do from now on.
I hope you can take some of your time share some info that could help my cituation.
Thanks

Hello,
I see that your case was approved for under 2 months, and i'd like to share my experience with you.
I and my husband (USC) filled through DORA On Jan 4th, 2007. I received a fingerprints appt, got this done. Then we moved to Houston were my husband is going to school, and I got a semester off from my school, which is Denton, since we moved. Anyway, I am not worried about my status, because my case is pending.
What happened is that I am having trouble changing my address, which sounds ridiculous because it is suppose to be really easy. I did submit a change of address form and called the USCIS cust. service line 3 times!
What I am concerned about is that today the 90 DORA days are up, and I don't know what to do from now on.
I hope you can take some of your time share some info that could help my cituation.
Thanks

USCIS cust. service line is NO use. Talk with Dallas office about your problem

What is a 70 days letter?

Hi:

I am responding jointly to your two posts above. The 70-day letter is a letter some DORA applicants receive around the 70th day after application, stating that USCIS is unable to complete processing within the 90 days and that the applicant may apply for EAD/AP if he or she wants to.

Some people have received these letters and were still approved before 90 days. Some have never received these letters and are still waiting. USCIS is known for consistency!

I think your best option is to make an Infopass at the Dallas Office and find out about your case. The 1-800 number is useless in that regard. Even if it is a bit of a trip, it may be really worth it.

No EAD, pls advice

:( DORA Interview 1/16,
FP 2/14,
LUD last updated 2/15,
absolute silence since.
My wife took 2 infopasses without any info. 70 ds letter not sent and they didn't say why or when they'll send it.
What should we do: Apply for EAD the traditional way (e-file) and if so where to send the supporting documents a) Chicago office b) National benifits Center (where out case was forwarded to) c) Dallas office ?
Or Wait and sit tight for 70 days letter?
Please advice. My wife has a job offer and wants to start ASAP.