DORA Dallas is processed in Chicago !! See this report ...

piyalove

Registered Users (C)
Hi Fellow-Kin,

I found something interesting on the following link:

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interweb/assetlibrary/CIS_AnnualReport_2005.pdf

This is the: Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman, Annual Report 2005, issued on June 30, 2005.

I read with interest 'The procedure at DORA Dallas' which is re-produced here for your kind attention:

Page 30

Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment Pilot

a. Pilot Description​

As implemented by USCIS, the Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment (DORA) pilot program permits family-based green card applicants to file their applications and be evaluated for eligibility on the same day (up-front processing). Begun in May 2004, the process includes initiating background checks, reviewing documents, and conducting eligibility interviews on the day of filing with a goal of completing applications in less than 90 days of filing.

Following the initial process, the application materials are bundled and forwarded to the Department of Treasury Lockbox in Chicago, Illinois, and then to the USCIS National Benefits Center for receipt of payment and file creation or collection of existing files at the Center.

The National Benefits Center then issues a “Notice of Action” to the applicant and returns the newly created case file (or the existing file with the new application included) to the Dallas District Office. The Dallas District Office completes the adjudication and orders production of a green card for qualified applicants.

There are of course many other interesting things to read and know...

Happy reading...

Care to look into it!

Please do,

Piyalove

Thanks for sharing the article. Very interesting. The pie chart in Figure 2 left me bewildered :eek: Inspite of earning so much money from us, the process still sucks... :rolleyes:

Yes, I saw this report also. However, try explaining it to the CSR at Dallas District Office that the files are returned back to them (Dallas District office) after initial creation and issue of NOR. They maintain the fact that the files stay in National Benefits Center. Last time I talked to the USCIS CSR, they were surprised that my file is in NBC and asked me to go to Dallas DO and tell them to transfer my file there. Well, as many people have read my story, when I went down to Dallas DO, I was handed a piece of paper saying that my case is stuck in FBI name check and I should not bug them for next 6 months. A note of this was also made on my file. My only ammo now is to wait for a reply from FBI regarding my name check inquiry and slam it into their faces (if its been completed) or wait infinitely like some here :(