DontWorry are you there?

No Title

Hi eikdil,
why the hell did you enter the US using Canadian PR. Why didn\'t you enter using parole as I told you before. Even if you did enter using the Canadian PR what made you to show your US work permit. What happened to your US parole? It looks your are good at digging yourself a hole, and it looks you are not confident of yourself and also don\'t believe in what other people say. I don\'t know what you told the immigration officer at the border. My suggestion depends on how you answered the immigration officer questions. Let me know your experience.

First, try to contact your lawyer in the US.

DW

No Title

DontWorry1,

They asked for my Work permit because they checked my name and date of birth in the system and found out that I got Work authorization approved in USA .

I think Immigration officer thought I previously had F-1 status in USA, and my practical training card (EAD) card. So, he thought since I am entering into USA using my Canadian PR, I should give up EAD card? I still have my AP with me.

So, what options do I have now? How should I enter into USA next time now? Will it create any problem?

Thanks

No Title

Hi eikdil,
at least this time, I hope, you listen to me. Since you are in the US on canadian PR, there is no way you can re-apply for your work authorization. So you go back to Canada with your Canadian PR and re-enter the US using your parole through the same place where your work permit was taken away. Once your passport is stamped and handed over to you, ask the guy who stamped your passport how to get back your work authorization. Explain him what happened. If it is not destroyed already you may get it back. If it is destroyed ask him how to get a duplicate, and if possible try to get a letter from him telling him that you need to attach the letter when you apply for the duplicate in the INS. If he asks you why you used Canadian PR in the first time, you can always tell him that you wanted to visit your friend.
Don\'t panic, there is nothing to worry. When you talk to the INS people try to be open. As far as I see there is nothing wrong in your case. You screwed up first time, and don\'t do it again. Do it as soon as possible. You have already wasted enough time by worrying too much. Don\'t waste any more time.

By the way through which border you entered the US?

Let me know you need any help to get you out of this self-created hole.

Good luck!

DW

No Title

Thanks man,

I appreciate you for taking my time to answer my question.
It was taken at Niagra Falls border. How about if I dont get the card, because I don\'t need it and I can continue to work for the same employer. Employer wont need to see it again.

But, just say if I enter into USA after about 6 months using my AP or Canadian PR, will I have any problem then? what will be safer way?

Thanks so much :)

No Title

Hi eikdil,
What if your work authrization has been revoked? In such a case you may not be authorized to work since your work authorization has been taken away. If that is the case then not only you are working illegally, and putting yourself into trouble, but also you are putting your employer into trouble for allowing a person to work illegally. The only way to make sure that you are working legally is to reenter the county once again using the US parole and getting back your EAD card.

Eikdill, it looks you have your own way of doing things. You ask for suggestions, if somebody gives suggestions, you ignore them and finally do your own way. I am not saying you must follow what I say. You make your own judgement. For me, it looks, you are making highly stupid judgement and decisions, which are not at all helping you, instead putting you into more trouble. Now, it looks, you are putting your employer also into trouble without his knowledge.

Good luck man!

DW

No Title

Hi All,
I am Canadian PR. Currently I am in US. and found a good job as a web designer on H1. I\'ve got H1 approval but I have to go back to Canada(Toronto) in US consulate to get H1 visa to enter in US.(Then only I can get Social Security in US).
My question is do they harass people while giving H1 visa?
How about the process? What question they ask. I want to get H4 for my wife too.

Any experience? Please help.
chiri

No Title

If you are from common wealth countries like india, then you don\'t have to go to US Consulate office in Toronto.Now rules has changed.You can get H1B visa stamped at the border itself.
 No they didn\'t asked much Questions.I simlpy hand over my I129(H1B approval notice),Passport and letter from employer,and told them that i want to get my H1B visa stamped, they stamped H1 visa right away.
   For your wife they will ask wether she will accompany you then say yes,and they will stamp H4 in her passport too.(In our case they asked my husband if he wants to accompany me,but we don\'t want to get H4 stamped,so we said NO.Same Question they asked for my kid too,and we said no)
There is a $6 fee(US) for getting H1 stamped.

No Title

Hello Indu Verma,

when you say border , do you mean road border or airport ?
 My wife and I are Indiancitizens and have got the PR papers
we are going to land by car near vancouver. I have a valid visa
H1 but I am working for a new employer, while my wife has a
valid H4 visa but may have H1 status by that time.
do we need to keep/submit our I-94s ?
can we get both out H1 stamps at the border itself ?

thanks
tt tt

No Title

eikdil..
Can u plz post what is the exact problem u have? U are a canadian PR and had a valid US H1 visa when u entered USA ? OR u didnot have a H1 visa and had a AP instead and they snatched away ur AP? Plz explain.

Dontworry, question for u.
I am have a valid US H1 visa till Oct 2002. My GC is in the final stages of I140. That means I485 will be filed anytime soon. I will be landing in canada in Feb 2002, and immediately returning back to USA . When I enter USA from canada, do u expect any problems because my USA GC is in progress. I will be having a valid H1visa. Will that ease the situation?
Plz advice.

No Title

By border i means land, (crossing by niagra falls).at the office i showed them my I129 and they stamped(pasted) I-94 to my passport.this was for the first time i entered US,next time well i myself don\'t know wether to keep/submit my I-94.
They won\'t stamp usual visa stamp(shiny coloured paper)in our passport as they stamp when we come from India.They say being a PR of canada we only need I-94.

No Title

Hey

I got my Work Authorization back from INS. My attorney said, I can be permanent resident of Canada, and applicant for GC at the same time, so apparently INS officer made a mistake
:)

No Title

Thatz good to know..
So u can be a PR of canada and at the same time USA green card be processed? I am in the same postion, USA green card in in progress, but I will be landing in canada on PR and getting back immediately using my H1 visa. I hope the US immigration will not cause problems just because my USA GC is in progress?

No Title

They shouldn\'t cause any problem if you are coming back using your
H-1. But, if you can get your Advanced parole, it is safe to come back using your AP

cheers

No Title

I was entering as a Canadian PR, didn\'t use my AP, so when entering as a Canadian PR, You are requesing a status of a visitor - not authorized to work. Officer checked into his system and found out, I have work authorization and took it.

No Title

Indu - is there a url that one can look up for these amended rules you are referring to ? Thanks