Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

StonedAnt

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I am glad to announce that I received my physical Permanent Resident Card in the mail yesterday. It has been a long, eventful journey and has taken a lot of years out of life, but I strongly believe in “All’s well that ends well”. So here is the journey timeline:

Came to US in 1996 on F1.
Worked on OPT 1999 to 2000.
First H1-B in 2000.
Switched employers due to the fear of IT bubble burst, second H1-B in 2001.
New employer did not understand the GC process and delayed submission of Labor Certificate till Nov 2002. LC backlogs were in full throttle mostly due to the 245i fiasco of April 2001.
PD Nov 2002, EB3 ROW. 45 Day Letter in 2006, LC approved in 2006.
I-140 submitted in late 2006, received RFE and NOID. USCIS had lost the record of my second appearance for the Special Registration process.
Appeared for ICE interview in early 2007, I-140 approved.
I-485 submitted in May 2007 along with AP and EAD at TSC.
March 28th, 2008, Received email about card production ordered.
March 28th, 2008, Received email about welcome notice.
April 1st, 2008, Received email about card production ordered, (again).
April 4th, 2008, Received email about approval notice sent.
April 5th, 2008, Received the welcome notice in mail.
April 7th, 2008, Card received in mail.

I am a late bloomer so it has not hit me fully yet, but I am sure that joyous mood is to follow soon. The card looks nice and shiny, and I am glad that my photo is not a complete mug shot. I did not announce this earlier because I was too skeptical that it had finally happened and perhaps it was a mistake. I also found it a bit amusing that the physical card was sent in a regular size envelope with a 41 cents stamp. I was expecting a slightly larger envelope with some kind of welcome packet and lots of reading material. But anyhow, just glad it came through.

I wanted to wish everyone who are still waiting the best of luck and sincerely hope that your applications will be approved soon without any issues. I shall still be lurking around these forums though.....:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on getting approved and receiving your GC. Enjoy the freedom! I agree with you about the way GC is sent in mail. it is a very big deal for us, but not so for them, that somehow diminishes the significance....but who cares, we are free from a lot of hassles of EAD renewal, job restrictions. Congrats again!!!

Thank you everybody.
So weird that I am actually quite sick this week, so I can't even enjoy this moment properly, but once I get better, I am sure I'll have a few cocktails.

Once again, I truly hope that everyone gets their approval soon.

Stoned!