Don't have a receipt #. Can we still get status updates?

tessiekenela

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
We filed I-130 and I-102 separate because husband is under removal proceedings.

We have a receipt # for the I-130 but not for the I-102 (to replace lost I-94). Is it necessary to make an appointment on INFOPASS to meet with an officer to get this receipt #, or can we call in to get it?

THX

Hi.
We filed I-130 and I-102 separate because husband is under removal proceedings.

We have a receipt # for the I-130 but not for the I-102 (to replace lost I-94). Is it necessary to make an appointment on INFOPASS to meet with an officer to get this receipt #, or can we call in to get it?

THX

When was the I-102 filed? Are you handling this case on your own w/o the lawyer? Are you a US citizen? I see huge problems for you and your husband ahead in your battles with USCIS. He stink immigration fraud and I am sure you wonder how I came to such a conclusion! He married a USC in 2005, upon getting SS, EAD and DL he filed for divorce a year later, never attended the interview with US spouse, remained in the US and continued to use an expired DL for approximately 2 years (expired 08). He married you this year, and you already filed for a I-130 for him, sweetheart...you have huge problems ahead of you, just prepare for a battle to save him from deportation in the US. If you aren't a US citizen, I am certain he's toast for deportation. You are in FL?

When was the I-102 filed? Are you handling this case on your own w/o the lawyer? Are you a US citizen? I see huge problems for you and your husband ahead in your battles with USCIS. He stink immigration fraud and I am sure you wonder how I came to such a conclusion! He married a USC in 2005, upon getting SS, EAD and DL he filed for divorce a year later, never attended the interview with US spouse, remained in the US and continued to use an expired DL for approximately 2 years (expired 08). He married you this year, and you already filed for a I-130 for him, sweetheart...you have huge problems ahead of you, just prepare for a battle to save him from deportation in the US. If you aren't a US citizen, I am certain he's toast for deportation. You are in FL?

I think you are going over the top a little bit with your fear mongering. The case is in front of a judge. The judge won't do anything until the I-130 is adjudicated. So, as long as OP can get the I-130 approved, which will be adjudicated by USCIS, she has not much to worry about. However, this is all assuming OP is a USC.

OP, for now, CONCENTRATE on collecting evidences of your bona-fide marriage. That is THE MAJOR hurdle. However, you guys got lucky that the marriage happened BEFORE his deportation proceedings began. If the marriage is real - show it by having a baby.

Btw, as long as the case is pending, your hubby is free to roam around without fear.

I am indeed a USC. His marriage ended in divorce after 3 years. It took them 2 years after they got married to even file and by the time they got their interview notice, things were just not working out. They divorced. USCIS sent him a letter that his application was denied and NO FURTHER ACTION was required. He was never under deportation proceedings. His former spouse has happily agreed to either write a notarized affidavit stating the bonafide of their marriage or testify before the judge.

We have tons of evidence. Lease, insurance, joint checking, letters, emails, pics with friends and family from practically day 1. I have 2 kids from previous relationship so having a baby for the purpose of helping the immigration case is probably not the best suggestion I have heard, but thanks for taking the time to help me think of things.

We just fired our attorney. To be honest, it seemed like she was such a waste of $7000.00 at least thus far. There are other threads of me ranting and venting about her which I won't get to here.

Anyhow, I called customer service at USCIS; they can and will give him the info we are missing (receipt #).

Thanks!!

I am indeed a USC. His marriage ended in divorce after 3 years. It took them 2 years after they got married to even file and by the time they got their interview notice, things were just not working out. They divorced. USCIS sent him a letter that his application was denied and NO FURTHER ACTION was required. He was never under deportation proceedings. His former spouse has happily agreed to either write a notarized affidavit stating the bonafide of their marriage or testify before the judge.

We have tons of evidence. Lease, insurance, joint checking, letters, emails, pics with friends and family from practically day 1. I have 2 kids from previous relationship so having a baby for the purpose of helping the immigration case is probably not the best suggestion I have heard, but thanks for taking the time to help me think of things.

We just fired our attorney. To be honest, it seemed like she was such a waste of $7000.00 at least thus far. There are other threads of me ranting and venting about her which I won't get to here.

Anyhow, I called customer service at USCIS; they can and will give him the info we are missing (receipt #).

Thanks!!

Ha ha!! No, I didn't mean it literally. I just wanted to say, do WHATEVER necessary to prove that your marriage is bona-fide. As long as you can get the I-130 approved, and he is not inadmissible any other way, a judge would have NO problem granting him relief from deportation through adjustment of status.

I don't think you will even need a lawyer for this. A lawyer would come in handy only for communication and procedural purposes, like fixing hearing dates, sending docs to the other parties etc etc. The lawyer really won't be much of a help here.