Don't Delay any more

Copy the following and send it as Email to all your contacts

Hi Friends,
This is an important news for all those who are on H1 Visa and also those who are going through the Green Card process. As you might be aware, now a days the Green card process has become very slow and it is taking more than 2 years for I485 stage itself. This is in addition to the 2 yrs or so spent waiting in LC stage. A lot of the people waiting for their Green card converge at http://www.immigrationportal.com for sharing the information about the current status of green card processing. These members have decided to apply pressure on USCIS (INS) to improve the processing speed. They have formed an organization called “immigrationportal.org” and developed a web site to spread the message to the fellow members and collect money for achieving their objectives. The objectives were defined on the web site . The main purpose for the fund collection is to meet the legal and organizational expenses. Prominent immigration lawyer “Rajiv Khanna” who owns the popular web site http://www.immigration.com, has accepted to be one of the directors of the new organization. This organization is controlled my a group of senior members of immigrationportal.com.
I request all of you to go to http://www.immigrationportal.org and make your online donation today. The payments are secure and your credit card information is not passed to the organization. For I485 discussions please visit the following forums :
I485 Vermont Center Form : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=96

I485 California Center Form :
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=99

I485 Texas Center Form :
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=98

I485 Nebraska Center Form : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=97

Can we have an update on the total contribution on a daily basis so we know how much has been collected and if more effort is needed from each person to hit atleast the daily minimum?

Contributing slowly over a period of time is not a bad idea, specially for people who inspite of the added financial burden are supporting the cause.

Kudos to dsatish for pushing this important issue. My thanks to you for spearheading this effort.

Friends,

Join hands together and contribute generously. We need more money and people support to fight for our rights in this country. We can not be neglected forever. In the post 9/11 world, each and every day is important for us and our families. We can not just let these delays ruined our lives. We are lucky to have Mr Rajiv Khanna with us, who is fighting for us selflessly, we have to support him by creating awareness of our sufferings among the politicians and general public. You all know that timing is everything, we are in the middle of our lawsuit with the Government (INS), we have to publicize our sufferings and we need more money for it. Your hard earned money will be spent for a good cause, please make your contribution now, do not delay it.

I think we should ask the moderators to permanently move this thread to the top. I'm affraid it is not getting enough visibility because of all the competing discussions.

Originally posted by ar13
I think we should ask the moderators to permanently move this thread to the top. I'm affraid it is not getting enough visibility because of all the competing discussions.

That won't work. People normally do not visit those top fixed threads. Let us keep this thread dynamically moving based on the activity. The total donations have now reached $10,000 :)
We have come a long way from that initial shocker, but we still have a long way to go. Let's target for a minimum of 30K so that we can hire a person or two to represent our organization at all lelvels (talking to US CIS, DHS, Congress men, Senators, Ambassadors etc)

Those who haven't contributed yet, please do so today. It is only a $100 or so for you, but together, it will be a big worthy money for this immigrants organization. We have not spent a penny till now on anything and we are not going to spend the money for any personal expenses or reimbursements. We (core team) all have good jobs and strong principles. We do not need a single penny from any one. The money is only for hiring full time people
for the organization and paying for accountant, running the web site , stationary, legal (if required) etc.

30K seems reasonable, I'm sure that some of the people that have already contributed will do it again next month. I would also have some time to contribute next month.
I wanted to thank dsatish, edison and the other core team members for their efforts and leadership towards our common goal.

Originally posted by dsatish
That won't work. People normally do not visit those top fixed threads. Let us keep this thread dynamically moving based on the activity. The total donations have now reached $10,000 :)
We have come a long way from that initial shocker, but we still have a long way to go. Let's target for a minimum of 30K so that we can hire a person or two to represent our organization at all lelvels (talking to US CIS, DHS, Congress men, Senators, Ambassadors etc)

Today (4/26), we have collected $1000. It is one of best days. One person has donated $300 and another has donated $500. It was unbelievable and a kind of shocking to me. They are from the 'Complaint Forum' . It tells me that some people have great expectations from this organization and we, the volunteers of the organization (core team + all those who have donated) are going to make every effort to reach our target as soon as possible and start hiring a person to represent us and work for our organization, to meet all the congress men, on behalf of us.
UNITED WE ARE AS POWERFUL AS AN ELEPHANT. COME JOIN THIS FIGHT AGAINST BACKLOGS.
Contribute now at www.immigrationportal.org

small suggestion

Since we have to manually bring this thread up to make it more visible, is it possible to request the moderator to give a different color to the header of this thread. This way it will stand right out and be noticed.

Originally posted by labor+140=485
just contributed
Thanks for your contribution.

dsatish, maybe we should try to set a target date for collecting the initial 30K. That would hopefully give some sense of urgency.

ag28,
I got your PM 2 days back and tried to send a reply, but your PM box is full. Please delete atleast the sent items in your PM box. The sent items will also count towards maximum permitted.

ar13,
The target is 40K and we have got 11K as of now. It's good that we have crossed 25% of the target , but we are not seeing new contributions in the recent days from this forum members. A lot of people are suffering due to the backlog delays, but some how they are not yet coming forward with contributions.
It's time for every one to join.
I will prepare a FAQ on fund collection and post it here in a day or two. That should answer a lot of questions on fund collection.

Originally posted by gc092602
Contributed $200 earlier this evening

That's great. Sorry i didn't see this thread for almost a day. I saw your contribution when i logged into the paypl account. Daily some new people are contributing, but some of them are not posting here. As of now, the total collection is $11,500.

It's time for those who haven'tcontributed yet, to go to www.immigrationportal.org and contribute.

Total 89 people have posted here about their contributions. Daily i see some contributions in paypal but some of them are not posting here.
I have counted the online payments in paypal account and they were 105. Around 20 people made check payments. So around 125 people have made contributions till now.
The latest list of donors is constantly updated in the first page.

Last edited by a moderator: