Don't bother getting US Citizenship, it is worthless - I am a Citizen and have been "deported"

rrmaron

Registered Users (C)
Abuses from Customs and Border Patrol have risen to the point where even US Citizens are not allowed back into the USA, 8 border guards manhandled me into a taxi and forced me to go into Canada, which is not my home.

At approximately 10pm on Monday 10 Jan 2011, I was returning home from Toronto, Canada to New York by Greyhound Bus, and we stopped for Immigration and Customs at Buffalo. I showed my US passport card (at which point, I legally should have been admitted into the US), I was then asked if I had items other than mine in my luggage, to which I said yes, as I had some used women's clothes to give to someone. I said that I was not interested in them and they could be seized/thrown away, however, they refused to let me do that and insisted that I took them back to Canada and I refused as I am a US Citizen, who was willing to relinquish the offending goods, but they insisted and 8 officers marched me into a taxi with my arms locked to go and jettison these used clothes in Canada. Since when did this become legal to treat US citizens this way, I want to go home, but I am scared of being assaulted again, so am stuck in a country that is not mine.

I think there's more to the story than you are telling us. What exactly did you do to be manhandled by 8 people? Just throw the clothes away and come back home that's simple.

I think there's more to the story than you are telling us. What exactly did you do to be manhandled by 8 people?

True--I also suspect there is more to this story that we have been told.

Having said that, however, there are no circumstances whatsoever that can justify a US citizen being sent back to Canada. There are circumstances that can justify a US citizen being manhandled by 8 people and taken into American federal or state custody, but no circumstances whatsoever can justify a US citizen being manhandled by 8 people and sent in a taxi to Canada.

I guess the one exception would a formal extradition of a US citizen to face charges in Canada, but that doesn't sound like the situation here--I highly doubt that formal extraditions are entrusted to random taxi drivers at the border.

If I had to guess--and my apologies to the OP if I am wrong in this assessment--my guess would be the the OP is a man who likes to dress up in women's clothes who was trying to hide this fact and make up a false story about the origin of the clothes. Lying to CBP to avoid payment of duty is certainly a crime even for a US citizen, but it should result in US charges, not in being sent back to Canada.

Now it is possible that, realizing the OP was lying about the clothes, CBP offered him a choice: go back to Canada, dispose of the clothes, and CBP would pretend the incident never happened--or face charges for lying to avoid payment of duty. Simply disposing of the clothes on the US side may not have been an option the CBP was willing to allow.

Just because you have a bad experience, it is foolish of you to advice others against getting US citizenship. It is like advising people to stop driving because you met with an accident.

This person is storey is not straight .....

I just became a US Citizen last month and prior to becoming a US citizen i fought a deportation case and won back in 2006. If you claim you are a US Citizen and you have documents to prove it ICE/Border Patrol have all the means and resources to verify one's citizenship.

If you are a US Citizen why dont you contact the US Embassy in canada to get assistance if you are stuck in a country that is not yours.

By the way how does one get internet access to post on this forum and where are you living?

What u stated is not adding up...

Good Luck

What the border agents did to the OP was wrong, but crap like that occasionally happens even to citizens. They have the right to disallow entry of goods, but they don't have the right to refuse entry to a US citizen.

I would advise rrmaron to return to the US and sue the CBP.

Update

Yes, I did get help from the US Embassy in Canada and they helped me to go back to the US ... I am currently working on suing CBP ....

This person is storey is not straight .....

I just became a US Citizen last month and prior to becoming a US citizen i fought a deportation case and won back in 2006. If you claim you are a US Citizen and you have documents to prove it ICE/Border Patrol have all the means and resources to verify one's citizenship.

If you are a US Citizen why dont you contact the US Embassy in canada to get assistance if you are stuck in a country that is not yours.

By the way how does one get internet access to post on this forum and where are you living?

What u stated is not adding up...

Good Luck