Done 2FP in Apr/May/June 2004 and waiting for approval/RFE

No,my wife is in US now. She did travel abroad early this year, but came back several months ago.
Thanks to everyone here for your kind wishes! I do hope she get her approval soon!

My I-485 has been approved on 1st JULY. However, it is still pending for my wife and daughter. I received the email and checked in the case status.

Many thanks to Rajiv for providing this excellent forum. The forum has been a constant source of solace during this tortuous juorney. Thanks to all participants for the valuable inputs/suggestions.

My details:

State labor applied: Nov, 2000
State and fed labor cleared: Oct 2001
I-140 applied: Jan, 2002 (Had to wait as company went through a merger. I-140 went to Texas based on the new company)
I-140 approved: Apr, 2002
I-485 applied: RD: 7 JUN 02
ND: 25 JUN 02
1st FP: 16 AUG 02
2nd FP: 28 MAY 04
NO RFE
LUD: 1st JULY 04
AD: 1st JULY 04

zhenl,

I am now in the same boat as you. My wife and daughter's case is pending. We had done all the stuff together (Application, FP etc). I am not sure how long it will take now for their approval.

-sk

Approved

Our cases (both me and husband) are approved on July 1, 2004 without any RFE.

ND: Sep 23, 2002
FP1: Oct 31, 2002
FP2: May 5, 2004
3 EADs, 3APs
RFE: None
AD: Jul 1, 2004
Category: EB2/MI

Congratulations Skjun02

Best wishes on your approval. :) :) :)

Hope your wife and kid will get the approval soon.

Question for sep02

congratulations on your approval!
I see from your signature that you had 3EADs and 3APs.
My dates are similar to yours except that my RD is 09/2002
and ND is 10/2002, I recently had 2nd FP on 06/15/04,
hopefully I can get approval in a month or so.
My question to you is that did you get the 3rd set EAD and AP approved
approximately at the same time? I applied for the 3rd set EAD and AP
at 04/05/2004, EAD got approved on 06/03/2004, but so far AP is
still pending. Don't know why, the previous 2 sets, both EAD and AP
approved almost at the same time. Anyone else has similar experience?

lewen:

My 3rd EAD was applied Apr 8, 2004 and approved on Jun 10, 2004.
3rd AP was applied on Apr 23, 2004 and approved on Jul 1, 2004. Now, I do not know if it is approval or denail or some other kind of action on 3rd AP as it is approved the same day my I-485 has been approved.

Message for 3rd AP says:

"Based on approval or registeration of this case, letter has been sent on July 1, 2004......."

Still waiting to see the exact stuff in mail.

Hope this clarifies your all doubts. In case, you need more info, let me know.

sep02

Thanks for the info. I have noticed that there are at least 3 people
in this forum who has similar situation, 485 pending, 2nd FP recently taken,
EAD approved yet AP pending. The funny fact that your 485 and AP got
approved on the same days could mean a recent practice by USCIS.
I can't be sure, but it is saying something. Let us see what happens
to my case. Will keep you guys posted. Again, congratulations on your approval.

Now it is my turn

:) :)
My case and my wife case approved. I got emails today.

RD 06/10/2002
ND 06/26/2002
FP2 05/26/2004
ND 07/01/2004

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for providing this great platform to share our information and ideas.

Congrats!!

Congratulations !! SkJun02/Sivam/Zhennl... Freedom just before 4th of July, -isnt that poetic justice !! . Hope many more get their freedom as soon as possible :) :)

PD - Nov 2000
I-485 RD - 7/15/2002
I-485 ND - 7/19/2002
2nd FP - 5/26/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread seems to set a very positive feeling!!!

I tend to agree that all those being finger printed around Apr-May-Jun would see approval within the next 2 months or so if their application has been pending for more than an year.

My RD is Mar 2003 but was finger printed only recently in June 2004. That has raised my hopes as well. I even saw another person in similar situation get approved about a month or so ago.

I am expecting an RFE for me in the next 2 months or so. I don't think the approval would come without RFE. It would be something...EVL or something....

And I seem to feel that the reason for people being approved in some what random manner seems to be some events on their case triggering completion of processing. An action seems to be taken and the result of that action drives another action....and so on... I have noticed that so far in my case....
- My undeliverable receipt notice status update due to apparently address issues (after an year) triggered my wife's FP notice (after one year of filing) the same day
- Result of my wife's FP triggered my FP notice the very next day
- My FP result status was updated recently
...................Let's see what that triggers now ......Hope....Hope ....Hope

Questions for all the recent people being approved:

Did you change your job after filing I-485?

Did you get RFE?

If Yes then what was the RFE about? If about Employment then what did they asked?

Thanks for input

:)

Congratulations to all those who are approved.

RD 08/2002
ND 08/2002
1FP 10/2002
2FP 05/2004
1EAD 09/02
2EAD 08/03
3EAD APPLIED 05/04

AD - WAITING.

Online message update after FP2

Myself and wife did our FP2 on 06/15/04, in my last post I had reported that the online message had changed only for myself on 06/22/04 (in 1 week flat!) and my wife's remained unchanged. I am glad to report that the message did change today 07/05/04 - which means the Fingerprints are in the right hands now.
Looks like somebody at NSC is taking the extra effort to maintain consistency between online message updates and the physical files!

Update on LUD for our AP2 - LUD changed to todays date .. with the info that our AP2 applications were approved... and the documents mailed to us....

makes me wonder if the FP2 really was for the AP applications..... Hmmmmm????!!!!

GCBored,
Where did you do your 2nd FP?? LA / Santa Ana / San Diego etc.
Where you in CSC area even for 1st FP or did you move to CSC region after your 1st FP?

Also had on online message update after 2nd FP.

2nd FP on 6/21/04; LUD was today's date.

That is the first time our date has changed since 10/15/2002. We are now hopeful that something is going to happen soon. No RFE yet.

RD 10/03/2002
ND 10/15/2002

Hi Peace Of Mind,
2nd FP was done in Santa Ana. Same for my first FP, meaning the same office i.e. Santa Ana (CSC).

GCBored,
We (my wife and I) did our 1st FP in KCMO and in Dec 2002 my employer moved me to Irvine CA. Our 2nd FP were done on 04-20-2002 (both of us) in Santa Ana office. According FBI our FP were updtated to CSC office. According to National Customer Service "we will not give you information, if you want more details contact your congressman". I am really lost. No change in message since 2002 and last LUD was 01-06-2003 which is Address change.
Did U get in touch with congressman or is did your luck favour you so that your application was touched?

Peace Of Mind,
It was sheer luck, I guess! Never contacted any congressman whatsoever. I was actually amazed when I saw the update for the first time. The only thing I can say is is my address has remained the same since the day I filed for my labor, but again that should not matter. I see a lot of others on this site in the same boat as you and they eventually get approved.
ND - 10/31/2002