Does USCIS sends name check even when case is retrogressed?

activex111

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have filed for 485 in June 1st week but have not seen any LUD on my case or my wife's case after the FP. Does that mean that they have not sent our cases for name check yet? That gave me a doubt if USCIS is not sending the cases for name check which are in retrogression.
Can someone please let me know if that's the case? Looking at some other Name check related threads here, that does not seem to be the issue, but i am not sure.
Can we just call the service center to check our NC status even when the PD is not active? Thanks a ton to everyone on this forum for such helpful information...

One's PD or visa date availability has nothing to do with the submission of the name to FBI for Name Check. Name Check is also not dependent in any way as to when you give your FP.

Secondly, there is no established relation between getting an LUD and NC status update.

Rather, NC is submitted about 1 to 2 weeks after your ND.

Go ahead and check your NC status on phone or infopass at any time irrespective of your PD current.

Hi,
I have filed for 485 in June 1st week but have not seen any LUD on my case or my wife's case after the FP. Does that mean that they have not sent our cases for name check yet? That gave me a doubt if USCIS is not sending the cases for name check which are in retrogression.
Can someone please let me know if that's the case? Looking at some other Name check related threads here, that does not seem to be the issue, but i am not sure.
Can we just call the service center to check our NC status even when the PD is not active? Thanks a ton to everyone on this forum for such helpful information...

Thanks InTheMoment for the quick reply.
One's PD or visa date availability has nothing to do with the submission of the name to FBI for Name Check. Name Check is also not dependent in any way as to when you give your FP.

Secondly, there is no established relation between getting an LUD and NC status update.

Rather, NC is submitted about 1 to 2 weeks after your ND.

Go ahead and check your NC status on phone or infopass at any time irrespective of your PD current.

fastergcwanted,

how are you doing on the NC front ?

My I-140 and I-485 dates are exactly same as yours.

I am in the same boat as you activex111. No LUD since I-140 approval which was on June 14th. FP was done around end of June, but no LUD.

Let me know if you find out anything.

Iam also in the same situation my priorty date is 02/21/2003 and 485 notice date is 06/23/2007.Still NOW LUD or any change...Id'nt know if my case will be taken within next year or name check cleared or not.guide me friends

Some people don't have any LUD's until approval, do don't worry too much about the lack of LUD which are kind of random these days. If your RD is outside of processing window you may contact USCIS to check on (basically to confirm) you name check status.

I would just confirm that name will be submitted to FBI even when retrogressed -- thank god.