Does this mean I am Approved OR Not?

shyguycalif

Registered Users (C)
Does this email mean approval....

Please advice...

What is this Registration/ADIT process that I need to complete?? It says formal decision will be made based on the registration process.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On August X, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

PD: Dec 2005 EB2

Last edited by a moderator:
You're approved! Forget about the ADIT, that is some old wording which is no longer applicable ... years ago they used to make you take a picture and give fingerprints after GC approval, then give you an I-551 stamp in your passport. Then you would wait 6-12 months for the physical GC to arrive. These days there is no ADIT processing, they automatically mail the GC to you within 30 days after approval.

What is your category and country?

Yes that is your Approval, they have changed the layout of online status checks and I797 notices, ADIT is no longer required.

thanks Jack!
I have a Infopass appointment for tomorrow (which was planned earlier). I am planning to still keep the appointment and take my passport with me.

Can/will the IO stamp GC on the passport during the Infopass?

You're approved! Forget about the ADIT, that is some old wording which is no longer applicable ... years ago they used to make you take a picture and give fingerprints after GC approval, then give you an I-551 stamp in your passport. Then you would wait 6-12 months for the physical GC to arrive. These days there is no ADIT processing, they automatically mail the GC to you within 30 days after approval.

What is your category and country?

Please don't waste your time and USCIS time with Infopass; let them spend time with people who actually need their service. They're not going to stamp your passport so soon after GC approval unless you are traveling or taking a new job within the next couple of weeks, they're going to tell you to wait for the green card to arrive. And you don't even need the passport stamp to travel* if you have a valid Advance Parole; you're allowed to use the Advance Parole to reenter the US for at least the first couple of months after GC approval (of course, this is assuming the AP hasn't expired when you reenter).

*unless you're going somewhere like Canada, where having a GC exempts you from needing a visa.

I-485 apprval email also

Finally it seems like my journey has come to an end.
On 8/2/2010 I received the email that this customer is registered for permanent residency.
It's been a long wait.
Husband EB3 ROW/ PD Feb.2004.

My question is how long for them to send me some kind of notification (except the email) that has an actual name on it and says approved I-485.
My daughter needs to adjust her financial aid situation (finally there will be some kind of aid hopefully) at the university but they will not accept the email because it does not have her name. Called the 1-800 number, but as you know not much help, they basically seem to de reading something generic of a sheet of paper (horrible) but true.
So I am asking info from people that have gone to this same scenario.
Any info greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.

Just a little note. I received the Welcome letter today (approval email was on Monday) and it says the card should be mailed with 3 weeks. The USCIS 1-800 # told me 60 days.

Got I551 stamped

Sorry but I agreed with desperado.... after so many years of wait... i wanted to be sure. I am currently on 12 year h1 extension and like many others, entire quality of life has suffered due to this crap.

So I did not take your advice and still I went to Infopass and they confirmed that I am greened. Hurray!!

I requested them I might have to travel and asked if they can stamp my GC on the passport.... and they made me wait or 20 minutes and stamped my passport !!

You can't believe how happy my family is ...... and how well I slept in last few days. :)

Thanks

Please don't waste your time and USCIS time with Infopass; let them spend time with people who actually need their service. They're not going to stamp your passport so soon after GC approval unless you are traveling or taking a new job within the next couple of weeks, they're going to tell you to wait for the green card to arrive. And you don't even need the passport stamp to travel* if you have a valid Advance Parole; you're allowed to use the Advance Parole to reenter the US for at least the first couple of months after GC approval (of course, this is assuming the AP hasn't expired when you reenter).

*unless you're going somewhere like Canada, where having a GC exempts you from needing a visa.

Hi Jack you stated:
unless you're going somewhere like Canada, where having a GC exempts you from needing a visa.

I thought they had changed the rules and now you require a visa if you have a GC only for travel to Canada, could you confirm please!

Hi All,

I received Card/ Document Production email on 10th Aug and on 14th Aug i got email regarding my 485 approval and it changed my status to Post Decision Activity. Any similar cases kindly update

Thanks
Sri