Does OCI stops after 3rd generation or it continues as each generation secures OCI

joeindia1

My spouse was never Indian citizen but her mother is an Indian citizen. We are planning to apply OCI for my spouse and my children through my mother-in-law. The problem I am hearing is that OCI is only for 3 generations.

Does that mean after the 3rd generation, next generation is not eligible for OCI? even if my wife and children secures OCI.

Why to worry so much

I think when my third generation will come in this world, there will not be a space to walk in road/street of India. Even currently in urban areas its very hard to move around freely.

So in nutshell my third generation may not want to go to india except for may be once in a life time, By that time we will have mini india in US also. So I am not worried about getting OCI for my third generation and onward at this time.

My spouse was never Indian citizen but her mother is an Indian citizen. We are planning to apply OCI for my spouse and my children through my mother-in-law. The problem I am hearing is that OCI is only for 3 generations.

Does that mean after the 3rd generation, next generation is not eligible for OCI? even if my wife and children secures OCI.