• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does my case have any trouble to re-enter to the US?

herrmeister0159

Registered Users (C)
Right now I'm staying out side the US - it has been for 3 months so far. Plan came up to go back to the states next 2 months.
But before here I entered to the US for the first time April last year until September last year. I went back to my country 3 months. The second enter was in December last year until April I went back to my country again until now plan to go back next 2 months.
I got the green card through Lottery green card so I dont want to have any mistake.
In my case, first time in US 5 months then out 3 months then in 4.5 months and plan 5 months out.
Is it ok to do this or I have to go back to the US now?
Thank you for your advice.

You are a documented intended immigrant now, and trying to enter using B1/B2 at port of entry might complicate things if they find out about your DV they might even deny entry because they will fear you will try to adjust status in US. If I were you I will not carry any DV paperwork with me during travel.

You are a documented intended immigrant now, and trying to enter using B1/B2 at port of entry might complicate things if they find out about your DV they might even deny entry because they will fear you will try to adjust status in US. If I were you I will not carry any DV paperwork with me during travel.

Oh sorry to make you misunderstood...
I got the green card through Lottery last year and first enter to the US in April last year as a permanent resident but I stayed there only 5 months then came back to my country in September for 3 months and went back to US in December with no problem but started to live there again until last April I went back to my country again until now.
Actually I plan to come back to the US in September but I scare that I will have a trouble when I enter at this time.
So in my case, after entered to the US as an permanent resident, 5 months in - 3 months out - 4.5 months in and now plan 4.5 months out.
Is it ok to let this plan go on or Do I have to come back to the US now?

As long you don't intend to relinquish your Residence in US, trips under six months outside US are generally OK.
Keep your connections alive by maintaining bank accounts, credit cards or utilities bills in your name if possible.