Does it matter if I have no medical insurance for the interview?

myjuls

Registered Users (C)
Now,when my interview date is near, I start getting really nervous about it. With that all sort of stupid questions ,sometimes, come to my mind.

My husband (USC) has one of those free medical insurances for the people with low income. I understand that I can't be added to this type of insurance because I'd appear a public charge for US. On the other side, my current employer doesn't offer any medical insurances. Anyway,I am planning to change my job soon after the interview and, hopefully, I'll get medical benifits from my new work. In this situation, do you think having no insurance can become an issue during interview? Does it matter at all?

Thanks for your attention and I appreciate all your comments and replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
myjuls said:
Now,when my interview date is near, I start getting really nervous about it. With that all sort of stupid questions ,sometimes, come to my mind.

My husband (USC) has one of those free medical insurances for the people with low income. I understand that I can't be added to this type of insurance because I'd appear a public charge for US. On the other side, my current employer doesn't offer any medical insurances. Anyway,I am planning to change my job soon after the interview and, hopefully, I'll get medical benifits from my new work. In this situation, do you think having no insurance can become an issue during interview? Does it matter at all?

Thanks for your attention and I appreciate all your comments and replies.

The main reason why people talk about the importance of having medical/life insurance from interview point of view is because the policy is usually drawn on names of both husband and wife. This policy can then be used to show that both sponsor and applicant share the same residence, same benefits and are mentioned as married on the policy. Not having medical insurance is not a negative factor for the interview and you should not worry about it.

I agree with ari4u, it is absolutely doesn't matter if you have one or not. I didn't have anything either. Just bring other evidence that you guys are sharing (bank accounts, leases, etc...)
Good luck!