does H1B quota apply to non profit organisations??

lona1977

Registered Users (C)
i am presently on H4 visa and was looking for a job when the quota got filled. I have few questions....
*is this true that the quota does not apply to non profit organisatios?
*does it include all kinds of non profit organisations or just any particular non profit orgs?
* does that mean that if I get a job in a non-profit organisation, they can still sponsor my visa this year despite the quota issues?

Please reply soon. The organisation is expecting a reply from me about this.
Thanks to all gurus
Lona

lona1977 said:
i am presently on H4 visa and was looking for a job when the quota got filled. I have few questions....
*is this true that the quota does not apply to non profit organisatios?

Yes

*does it include all kinds of non profit organisations or just any particular non profit orgs?

No, it does not include all kinds of nonprofit organizations. However, the following are exempt.

Nonprofit organization related to or associated with an institution of higher education.

Nonprofit organization engaged in basic or applied research.

* does that mean that if I get a job in a non-profit organisation, they can still sponsor my visa this year despite the quota issues?

Yes.

Please reply soon. The organisation is expecting a reply from me about this.
Thanks to all gurus
Lona

Nonprofit organization related to or associated with an institution of higher education.Nonprofit organization engaged in basic or applied research.

does that include an old age post retirement organisation( a non profit one) or does it include a housing authority of a city?

Thanks for the reply
Lona

lona1977 said:
Nonprofit organization related to or associated with an institution of higher education.Nonprofit organization engaged in basic or applied research.

does that include an old age post retirement organisation( a non profit one) or does it include a housing authority of a city?

Apparently, no. These are subject to cap.

Thanks for the reply
Lona

non-profit organisations

What is meant by non-proit organisations? Can you give me some examples/
thanks