Does CIS asks for your current employment details at the time of GC approval?

shas123

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I have changed my job 2 years back and didn’t notify CIS. Does CIS asks for your current employment details at the time of your GC approval? Since my PD is now current, is this right time to apply for AC-21?. Back then my lawyer suggested not to apply for AC-21 since there is no way CIS will know about your job change and if they issue an RFE you can always respond to it. Now with PD current I don’t want to delay it any longer for a silly reason.

Cheers

Folks, I have changed my job 2 years back and didn’t notify CIS. Does CIS asks for your current employment details at the time of your GC approval?
---if your file is sent to local office for interview then they will ask employment details and you should bring present company job offer letter to invoke AC21
Since my PD is now current, is this right time to apply for AC-21?.
-----------File AC21
Back then my lawyer suggested not to apply for AC-21 since there is no way CIS will know about your job change and if they issue an RFE you can always respond to it.
--so that lawyer can charge more money to reply RFE or NOID
Now with PD current I don’t want to delay it any longer for a silly reason.
--------------------File the AC21 directly or with help of new company lawyer.
Cheers
-------------

please clarify

ginnu

What if uscis did not send any rfe and approve 485. Would there be any issue later because of not working with sponsoring employer after approval.

AC21 says it is recommended to notify about employer change but not required. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Many people throw different inputs. It would be great to get clarification from veterans like you. One of the forum member says his lawyer said its perfectly fine for not filing ac21. Even forum member REAL_CANADIAN goes by that.

Even my lawyer does not respond in clear-cut way. They dont say file or dont file. My lawyer response is if they get rfe they will collect information from current employer.

But my concern is what if uscis approve 485 without requesting such evidence. Does it mean we need to work for the original sponsor.

Please advice.:confused:

It's not just about RFE. If the old employer revokes the I-140, USCIS might deny your I-485 if they don't have any evidence on hand to know that you are with another employer in a "same or similar" occupation. If you're lucky they'll send an RFE and you can respond. If not you could get denied outright.

Thanks for your comments Ginnu, I am being bit cautious whether to file AC-21 or not, after all I may end up causing some trouble to a strait forward approval or may be not. Do you think I can submit all the required documents at the of interview if in fact its being sent to the local office? What else you need besides employment offer letter and pay Stubbs

Cheers
Shas

Thanks for your comments Ginnu, I am being bit cautious whether to file AC-21 or not, after all I may end up causing some trouble to a strait forward approval or may be not.
--what trouble? you eligible for AC21 and what is the harm informing USCIS?
Do you think I can submit all the required documents at the of interview if in fact its being sent to the local office?
---------------Yes if file is sent for Interview. I will file now where file is pending.

Cheers
Shas
What else you need besides employment offer letter and pay Stubbs
1 cover letter that should have your name, I-485 filing reciept# A#, DOB, address, signature,date and request for invoking AC21
2 Copy of I-485 reciept
3 Employer letter with same/similar job duties and permanent job offer
2-3 latest pay stub copy

ginnu

What if uscis did not send any rfe and approve 485. Would there be any issue later because of not working with sponsoring employer after approval.

AC21 says it is recommended to notify about employer change but not required. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Many people throw different inputs. It would be great to get clarification from veterans like you. One of the forum member says his lawyer said its perfectly fine for not filing ac21. Even forum member REAL_CANADIAN goes by that.

Even my lawyer does not respond in clear-cut way. They dont say file or dont file. My lawyer response is if they get rfe they will collect information from current employer.

But my concern is what if uscis approve 485 without requesting such evidence. Does it mean we need to work for the original sponsor.

Please advice.:confused:

I believe it all comes down to 'intent'. My understanding is that after the GC approval the issue (of not working with the sponsoring employer) would arise only during the filing of Citizenship when work history will be scrutinized. Experts such as ginnu may be able to provide a better interpretation of this.

You are right on, indio. Since you must at least work for your current employer minimum of 6 to 12 months after the GC, having not notifying about your job change will cause any problem at the time of citizenship? At this time my main concern is GC. As Ginny said, its better to notify CIS if you have enough evidence to support, I think I am going to send the AC-21 next week but just want to see if anyone here on the same boat?

Cheers

shas123, i am in the same boat. i am still not sure if i should or should not file. i was thinking about waiting till like june 15th and see how fast they start approving the cases and then see what to do.

I am in the same situation as well..In my case the job descriptions are not so identical (Changed from systems analyst to QA Testing)...I have decided to sit tight for another few days...

lot of people in the same boat, including me (hopefully the boat doesn't sink!!)

my dilemna is explained at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250295

as per ginnu's suggestions, i was getting my paperwork assembled, to apply for AC1. but i notice that quite a few of you guys are hesitant to notify BCIS. also, from murthy bulletin http://www.murthy.com/news/n_perint.html, personal interview may be waived if bcis doesn't know we switched employers.

so, should i wait it out a few weeks/month?

my PD is jan 2003 and 485 filing date is Oct 2003 (RFE already replied years ago). any guess to when they'll decide my GC? will it be in a month, or will it take a lot longer? depending on my dates, what is more likely?

-confused as always

Best case scenario could be getting approvals without any RFE's in the next couple of months...Unfortunately we are not in that fairyland...So I think the cases with PD in '03, that are current, might start seeing RFE's for missing documentations & EVL's so that the processing can be completed..Just my opinion and could be way off...

I have a difficult situation in that I cannot get a EVL for the same job duties..My employer is huge and they do not get involved with taylored letters..If I produce my current job description, my ac21 will not even have a chance in hell...But its a great job and I do not want to throw away, unless there is no other choice...Like other, waiting for some miracle to happen...

Hey you’ll…I have decided not to file AC-21 after all, my lawyer friends who handle immigration cases also strongly discouraged me filling AC-21 unless there is an RFE. So I guess I am going to wait and see for few more weeks

I regret big time for not filling AC-21. Today I’ve got an email from CRIS stating my case is transferred to Philadelphia, PA for a standard interview. I haven’t got a letter about the interview time and date yet but CIS agent told me they have sent one. Ginnu could re direct me where I can find the letter format for AC-21…Also is this right time to invoke AC-21 since my case is already transferred to local office? Appreciate your help on this

Cheers

Hey...If you can show a similar job offer, it should be pretty straight forward..In a way this is good, as you dont have to worry about any issues during citizenship..

Good luck & share ur success with us...