Does Age Matter in obtaining F1????

flower#1

Registered Users (C)
Dear forum users

My brother who is 30 yrs old, wants to get Bachelor degree in Business in the States. he has a BA and MS in language and literature. But he really wants to get a degree in business

but he is afraid if his age (30) might create difficulty in admission process to the Undergrad program and obtaining F1. does Age matter?

what do you think? does he have a pretty good chance to get F1 if he applies to Undergrad program? he might be questioned why he decided to go for undergrad program while having MS in different field of study?

I would like to know your opinion on this issue

thank you

Age is not a problem for an F1 status, until & unless Univeristy does not have any problem.

thanks for the responce Robert007

do you think if it will not look suspicious if he says to Consul that he wants to do BA in business in the States while he has Masters in language and literature?

He will need to prove funding and meet the entrance requirements for any institution. He may qualify to study for an MBA in a program that has an additional year of study for non-business undergraduate majors.

He will need to prove funding and meet the entrance requirements for any institution. He may qualify to study for an MBA in a program that has an additional year of study for non-business undergraduate majors.

thank you for your responce, Concerned4us

can you give some examples or links of the programs you mentioned, please? your help is Greatly appreciated :)

He will need to take the GMAT and TOEFL(if required). He should expect to have all his credentials available by Jan 1 to be able to start in the fall.

You need to check universities in the areas where he will want to live. Remember MBA students do not generally receive any funding from the university so tuition and cost of living are important considerations.

Some websites have a lot of detail about their programs; others you may need to inquire. The ones I looked at would require an BA in business to finish in a year; If no business classes apply, it takes 2 years (full time) to complete the foundations and the advanced program.

He will need to take the GMAT and TOEFL(if required). He should expect to have all his credentials available by Jan 1 to be able to start in the fall.

You need to check universities in the areas where he will want to live. Remember MBA students do not generally receive any funding from the university so tuition and cost of living are important considerations.

Some websites have a lot of detail about their programs; others you may need to inquire. The ones I looked at would require an BA in business to finish in a year; If no business classes apply, it takes 2 years (full time) to complete the foundations and the advanced program.
Concerned4us,
I have looked through several university sites. it looks like that requirements are too high (financially) and almost impossible to get scholarships/grants as u mentioned.

however, I could find some undergrad business programs which might be good for him. Instead of MBA, he'd better try for BA (undergrad in business), I am thinking.

the only thing I am concerned is if it might sound weird if he wants to study in undergrade program in business while holding masters in a different field of study. Don't u think? I am afraid it might be a headache to get him accepted to Undergrad in business and getting a F1 visa

I am exhausted from exploring and trying to find answers:(

thank you for your responce though

take care

Last edited by a moderator: