Documents for interview: problem with divorce decree?

sudhany

Registered Users (C)
My USC husband was married before to a fellow USC. On his divorce certificate (from CA) his name is slightly mispelled -- an 'e' instead of an 'i' in one syllable of the first name. His name is handwritten on the document, and the misspelling is not very obvious. In fact, he didn't realize there was a problem until I told him that it looked like an 'e' rather than an 'i'. It turns out I was right, and the name is indeed wrongly spelled in the record. The court clerk assured us it was no problem -- and that he was indeed legitimately divorced -- and we were duly married.

The only question is whether USCIS might have a problem. We sent a copy of the (misspelled) divorce decree with our application and didn't receive an RFE and were scheduled for an interview. Now that our interview is coming up, I'm beginning to worry about this again.

What do you guys think? I realize this is not a common problem, but feel free to tell me what you think we should do.

Many thanks!

Im sure if you have other documents showing it, you should be ok, i dont see them blowing fireballs because of that.

Well, that's what I thought too, that they probably wouldn't notice it. My husband thinks it shouldn't be a big deal even if they do notice it. I have an Infopass appointment tomorrow, mostly just to set my paranoid mind at rest about all the little things I've been worrying about. Do you think I should bring this up? Or would I just be drawing attention to something that's best left as it is?

:eek: