Documents for I-90

bannu123

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Can any one advise me in sending the Plastic card to Local INS Office (Newark) for correction of Date of Birth.

what kind of documents we need to attach, do we need to send the original card?

Couple of minutes ago, i called the 1-800 number they ask me to send (mail not in person for Newark) the documents to the local INS office(Neark)

Does any one has the same experiece.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks

bannu123,

We took the I-90, plastic card, passport and 2 photographs taken within 30 days to the INS center. They take back the plastic card, take your fingerprints again.

Previous stamping is cancelled and a fresh stamp is stamped on the passport saying "it's for I-90 - replacement card" or something to that effect and the stamp is valid for a year from that date or till the validity of the passport whichever is greater.

And the saga continues...

Hope this helps.

mogli,

Do I need a fresh stamp after submitting I-90? My GC stamp is still valid until December'04 which I got during interview.

Thanks.

fikabir

My wife got a GC with last name misspelled.

We submitted a I-90 application electronically. After 3 weeks she was asked to Newark for Photo, fingerprint and signature.

They did not provide a new stamp and didn't demand any money as it was their mistake.

DoctorT,

Thanks for the information. I did exactly the same. Applied electronically, went to the application support center for finger print, photo and signature; and sent supporting documents to VSC. Did you send back the original card to the VSC?

I have only concern that whether I need a fresh GC stamp on the passport for the travel or old GC stamp is ok?

Thanks.

fikabir

They told my wife to keep the old card. They say it was noted in the system now that it contained a misspelling.
They also told her that her old stamp was OK until it expired, then she could get a new one if necessary.

DoctorT,

Thanks for the information. I have also kept the original card and didn't submit it with the I-90 supporting documents. Do you think I can enter USA with this incorrected card? I believe they will ask for the original card before approval.

fikabir

I have asked around.
You can use the card despite the error until you get the replacement.
If the error is mentioned at the entry point to US show copy of your replacement application.