Documentation on Traffic tickets in N400

GCBy2010

Registered Users (C)
Hello - I have 2 traffic citations in the past and I mentioned both of them in my N-400. One of the tickets was for $78 in 1999 in Connecticut for an accident bumping into another car. Another one is in TX in 2008 for a red light violation stopped by an officer. I got a court record that shows I paid a fine of about $220 for the red light violation in 2008.

On the other ticket from 1999, I called the Connecticut Infarctions Bureau. They told me that they don't maintain any records beyond 2004 in the past. Their search came up with a no record found though I had the actual ticket number with me, they couldn't find any information. They sent me a notarized blank letter that doesn't have any records from the past and the letter says that they only maintain information from 2004. I won't be able to do anything beyond this as I live in TX now.

Based on the above, will the lack of information on the Connecticut ticket (for details or proof of fine paid) cause any problems for me during interview?

Thank you very much JPBoston. As you mentioned, interpretation of this question seems to vary among different officers causing concern. I saw one of the posts recently where the interview officer deferred the approval as documentation for the citation was not available. Tried to search for the post in the forums but couldn't find it. That was one of the reasons for posting my question to see how we should approach this, if the officer asks further documentation from me.