document for interview (oakland)

jzreba

Registered Users (C)
I just got an interview letter. This will be in oakland office. Is there anyone recently going through interview in oakland ? What document do I need to bring ? I have three traffic tickets (like speeding, but no DUI). Do I need to get official court docuement about traffic tickets ?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

jzreba said:
I just got an interview letter. This will be in oakland office. Is there anyone recently going through interview in oakland ? What document do I need to bring ? I have three traffic tickets (like speeding, but no DUI). Do I need to get official court docuement about traffic tickets ?

You most certainly need court documents re your speeding tickets no matter where you applied. Get these before your interview else I fear you will experience delays.

jzreba said:

The generic thumb rule I will suggest is this - bring EVERY thing you have and every paper you think would be useful. But be cautious and show ONLY THOSE requested by the officer. Do not volunteer to show additional documents when NOT asked.

It might be easier to produce a required paper (whatever it is) from the file than to tell the officer that you do not have it and will send it later. It will only add more delays to your processing time. So from tax records to traffic tickets to utility bills to prove your residency, carry everything you have and everything you can think of. After all it is not a great big file like the Google search database. It could not be more than 500 pages. Not a tough to thing to carry. I even carried my F-1 visa papers and the OPT. They just won't ask those. But why take the risk? You want to go to the interview just once and complete it once for all without delays.

At least that was my idea. Good luck.

I am not really familiar with the legal term of various document. If I go to traffic court and ask for document, what is the exact name/title of document that is required by N-400 process ? I already paid fine for all the tickets.

Thank you for the help.

jzreba said:
I am not really familiar with the legal term of various document. If I go to traffic court and ask for document, what is the exact name/title of document that is required by N-400 process ? I already paid fine for all the tickets.

Thank you for the help.

You need "court disposition statement" for each traffic violation for which you have a speeding ticket. The address of the court is on your speeding ticket. You need to go there and they will give you, most likely free of charge, a document with the court's seal on it. You MUST have this for you interview.

You need to mention each time you were pulled over not just cited. Get an official deposition for each time you got cited. If you cant find or get these, get a DMV driving record .

Oakland interview and San Francisco oath

The interview will be a breeze. They do not care by tickets unless it was DUI/arrest type of situation. The whole purpose of interview I felt was to confirm information on the application esp. less than 6 months out of country reuqirement. They are more keen to pass you than hold you back (since it means more processing time and resources for them). I received the oath letter in less than 5 days.

If someone has gone through oath in San Francisco, let me know if its ok to take a 2 year old child or will it be stressful since the ceremony is too long

oakmon said:
The interview will be a breeze. They do not care by tickets unless it was DUI/arrest type of situation. The whole purpose of interview I felt was to confirm information on the application esp. less than 6 months out of country reuqirement. They are more keen to pass you than hold you back (since it means more processing time and resources for them). I received the oath letter in less than 5 days.

If someone has gone through oath in San Francisco, let me know if its ok to take a 2 year old child or will it be stressful since the ceremony is too long
oakmon...can u please tell us ur interview experience. because WE who havent attented the interview are nervous like my self i have interview on august 27th. and i am kinda getting nervous. please tell us what examiner asked u, and tax returns and all the stuff... Thank you.

The interview in Oakland was very straightforward (less than 15 minutes). Just verified everything on the application form. No tax returns, bills etc. required. Added info on one additional trip after application.

Asked me if my spouse had her interview and who was the officer so that they can send the oath letters for the same date. Very helpful and professional...

I was noticing that one other officer was trying desperately to help a very old Indian couple 70+ to clear their czen process and was extremely courteous (it seems they had not cleared it first time and seems like they had almost no English language background)

I will be traveling for next 2 weeks hence will not be able to reply...

Good luck