Document Collection While waiting for Interview

r_sada

Registered Users (C)
All,
I know a number of us like Sanjay,Sachin,Sam,Jeet,emailraja,kovaigc,sachingp etc. have been more or else around the same time frames waiting for completion of P3 review or waiting to know the ID etc.

I wanted to start this thread to see if we can collaborate to do what needs to be done betwween now and the time we have to leave for the interview. Following is my list.

- Obtain PCCs - Done
- Obtain Tax transcripts -- Done
- Collect all W2 & tax returns so far in US -- Done
- Collect all H1B approvals original and copies -- Done
- Collect 140 approval notice copy
- Collect DS 230 Part I copy from attorney
- Obtain Transit visa -- in Progress
- Obtain BC - Done (needs translation - in India ???)
- Obtain Marriage certs -- Done ( needs translation - in India ???)
- Obtain Marriage certs & invitations
- Email Consulate after 10 days past case sent to consulate - Waiting
- Ping consulate for Interview date -- waiting
- Check Nov 10th website update for schedule -- waiting

this is my list so far
please add to this if you have other To-Dos that i have forgot ?

Good list. The things I can think of are...
- Collect all I-20s (if they apply to you).
- Get original I-140 (they sent the lawyer two originals. She can part with one, right?)

The stuff to do abroad is
- Notarize documents, copies, translations, etc.
- Three Demand drafts (Application fee $335, visa issuance fee $65 if approved, Courier Delivery Fees - depends)
- Medical test. Physical Examination, get vaccinated. (http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm)
- 4 Photos (should be less than 2 months old at interview time)

I've been toying with the idea of getting vaccinated here in the US. What do you guys think? One of the vaccines required is Influenza type B which might be a problem now with the shortage.

What''s this thing about the Transit visa?

R sada

It is better to get tranlated in english if document are in english. I was aksed for translated copies of birth certificate. Luckily I had translated copy as I sent one along with 485 appliaction.

Gchope

R sada

It is better to get tranlated in english if document are not in english. I was asked for translated copies of birth certificate. Luckily I had translated copy as I had done it for 485 appliaction.

Gchope

Good thread r_sada. I just updated my stuff on cptracker. My case was also sent to the chennai consulate on Oct15. Havent yet sent a email to the consulate. Waiting for the tenth day.

Based on the scheduling so far, i expect the interview dates to be in Jan. Any idea how the holiday schedule would affect us?

M160

Holiday impact

M160,
i think the holidays will have an impact on number of cases they can process in December, Some consulars mgiht take extended vacation and there can be less people to process interviews which will make the cases to pushed to December, But apart form you and me i have not seen the rest on this thread like Sachin, Sanjay etc going to Chennai consulate.
As far as i know case sent to Consulate in October for chennai interviews so far in this forum will be less than 5 at the TOPS
/s

Translation

GCHope
what is the process for getting the documents translated in english
can you elaborate a little
where did you get yours done
I have my matriculation and other docs in english

/S

I think it will be a better idea to translate all the certificates in English thats in native language and go on one trip to the notary and get it done.

I have to do

Degree Cert
Birth cets
Marriage certs

Hi Sada,

Its nice to open this thread... it will be helpful for all of us. I don't know when my case will go to chennai consulate as it is still at NVC's review. Hopefully NVC will send it by end of this month. I am thinking it will take around 3 and half months for me to get the interview. I submit the application for my PCC in NY City today. They said it will take 30 to 45 days ... don't know why they didn't take our original passports.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet

Jeet,
i did my PCC in DC it took only 10 days, passport was issued in india both mine and my wife's.
From the time NVC sends case to consulate its about 2 to 21/2 months but it varies based on if your case was send between 25th to 10th of a month or 10th to 24th of the month ? Just some pattern predictions from my part.

/S

but it varies based on if your case was send between 25th to 10th of a month or 10th to 24th of the month ? Just some pattern predictions from my part.

This is interesting. How did you figure this?

I believe that estimation is based on the stats from cptracker.com I remember in one of the other posts one senior member made similar comments.
Ram_frm_RIC.

Documents List

My P3 was sent to NVC for review on 18th Oct. My Lawyer sent me to carry the following list of Documents :

- Original Employer's Letter, notarized.
- Paystubs for last 2 months
- Passposrt valid for atleast 6 months
- Photographs (chk consulate website for details)
- DS 230 Part2 Unsigned
- Form I-134 for dependents , Notarized
- Medical Reports (That you'd get after medical Examination)
- Original Acadamic Documents
- Original H1B approvals
- Original I-140 approval Notice and copies of your I-140 Petition
- Original Birth , Marriage, Divorce certificate in English
- Translations and Translator's certificates (if necessary)
- PCC
- Copies of your US tax returns and W-2 forms for past 3 yrs or less if applicable

Think that we can start from here
Good Luck

Bhasu
i think this is a good set of document list, almost all i can think of is covered in here. So now its the waiting game for p3 review completion , sending to consulate and consulate telling you a interview date :(

/S

Alren,
Is it required to take original Labor certifications and I-140 to the interview? Ans also how many months pay stubs are required for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

Alren

My lawyer told me that I don't need to carry the original copy of I-140 as the consulate have it ?

Is this correct ?

Sachin

Guys

FYI

Photographs (chk consulate website for details) --Only Passport photographs front facing is required. No side pose are needed. Studio will try to sell you both. Do not listen to him. Photographs needed are simple Passport size ( size mentioned on the website).

Gchope