• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Do you know at the interview if you are successful or not?

eddy89

Registered Users (C)
Do you know by the end of the interview if you are successful or not? If they keep your passport does that mean you are successful? thanks

The consular does three things at the end of the interview. 1) Gives you the visa 2) Puts you under Administrative Processing 3) Rejects your visa if meet lack the requirements.. I don't think there is a fourth option. They could also put your case pending in case they need more documents. That's all that I know, lets wait for more replies!!!!

The consular does three things at the end of the interview. 1) Gives you the visa 2) Puts you under Administrative Processing 3) Rejects your visa if meet lack the requirements.. I don't think there is a fourth option. They could also put your case pending in case they need more documents. That's all that I know, lets wait for more replies!!!!
Did they keep your passport ?

Yes, they kept my passport, but they put my case under Administrative Processing!!!!!!!!!

Do you know by the end of the interview if you are successful or not? If they keep your passport does that mean you are successful? thanks

Yes, by the end of your interview, they will tell you whether you are successful or not. If successful, they need to keep your passport to put the visa in it. If not successful, I can't see why they would keep your passport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course! They need it to put your visa in it. If they kept it they will give it back to you with the visa in it the next day or two or I don't know probably depends on embassy and country. In my case (Macedonia) he kept my passport and told me to come back for it the next day at a certain time and gave me a paper with a time on it 4:30 pm it said so I went the next day and I got the visa plus the sealed envelope and some other papers and the man there said good luck which means I was successful. Otherwise they would have given everything back to me at the very interview as they wouldn't need it anymore :)

We were just told at our interview that the outcome was a success. Got our passports back the next day.