Do we need to mention about the educational qualification while applying B1 visa??

skumars25

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

My company is planning to apply B1 visa for me to attend a training for a new product which we are going to buy. I have not completed my degree and but i have close to 5 years of working experience in software field. I would like know whether we need to mention about our educational qualification while applying the B1 visa?? i remember one our forum members confirmed be that degree/educational qualification does not matter for travelling to U.S in business visa.

Can you please confirm Do we need to mention about the educational qualification while applying B1 visa?? if yes, what i have to mention when i have not completed my degree.

Your valuable inputs would be very much appreciated.

so it means we don't have to mention the educational qualification while submitting the B1 application form? Can anyone please confirm this. Thanks

Thanks for your valuable response.

I just checked in the DS-160 form which we have to fill for B1 visa and it is asking for the details about the educational qualification.
Can someone confirm it is not required to fill the educational qualification or am i looking at a wrong form?

DS-156 does not ask for educational qualifications. If any other suplementary form is asking for it, provide the relevant information. Educational qualification should not play any major roll for B-1 application.

Triple Citizen - can you please help me with this?

Thanks for your valuable response and i would be submitting my application next week.
I just verified and the supplementary form asking for the education details. I am going to provide the true information stating that i have not completed my graduation and i hope i would still get the B1 visa with all your blessings & wishes.

Thanks once again

Today i have started filling my application online (by filling DS160 form).

They have a section which talks about the "Work / Education / Training Information" where they have a question "Have you attended any educational institutions other than the elementary schools?" with the yes & no options.

If we say yes, then we need to provide the details about the institution name, with date of attendance from & date of attendance to... i am not sure whether we just need to enter the details even if we have not completed the degree?? (in my case i have not completed my degree so for).

But i have been to the college for 3 years.. just to understand its about the attendance part alone or we need to provide the information in this section only if we have completed the degree??

i don't mind leaving it blank as saying NO to "Have you attended any educational institutions other than the elementary schools?" question...

once again your opinion matter:)

It does not matter whether you completed the program or not. Just mention your attendance.

If we say yes, then we need to provide the details about the institution name, with date of attendance from & date of attendance to... i am not sure whether we just need to enter the details even if we have not completed the degree??

Today i have completed my visa interview and not much questions asked by the counselor. They have collected my passport and informed me that my B1-visa has been approved. Thanks

Congrats!!!
It was the consul who interviewed you, not the counselor. :)

Today i have completed my visa interview and not much questions asked by the counselor. They have collected my passport and informed me that my B1-visa has been approved. Thanks

Education qualification required.

Today i have started filling my application online (by filling DS160 form).

They have a section which talks about the "Work / Education / Training Information" where they have a question "Have you attended any educational institutions other than the elementary schools?" with the yes & no options.

If we say yes, then we need to provide the details about the institution name, with date of attendance from & date of attendance to... i am not sure whether we just need to enter the details even if we have not completed the degree?? (in my case i have not completed my degree so for).

But i have been to the college for 3 years.. just to understand its about the attendance part alone or we need to provide the information in this section only if we have completed the degree??

i don't mind leaving it blank as saying NO to "Have you attended any educational institutions other than the elementary schools?" question...

once again your opinion matter:)

Dear skumar,

I am also having the same situation as ur in terms of education, so did you leave the education option empty or fill the details for attendance purpose.

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Nick.