Do we have 6 months to file for spouse green card after green card is apporved?

desi74

Registered Users (C)
I know that the fastest way to obtain the green card for spouse is by applying for her green card before husband's green card case is approved but we do not want to do it because of some reaons.

Now, I am under the impression that so far I get married before my green card is approved (even one day before the green card is approved), I still have 6 months after my green card's approval to file for my spouse’s green card as a derivative beneficiary. My spouse is in USA with a legal status (F-1). This category is called as Accompanying Category and under this category, my spouse does not have to go through priority date and all we have to wait is for the processing time in that center. If this is true, how much time would it take? any experinces. Gurus, please help.

If 6 months are passed then I can still file for her green card but now it will be based on priority date and may take up to 4-5 years.

Please correct me if I a wrong.

Hi

Hope you can help

I was a follow to join husband and he sent I 824 for me, This came back denied because his I 485 was not approved at that time

I was on an L2 visa so before this expired sent I 485 application for myself

Am concerned that I have now done the wrong thing