Do we apply US passport at Oath ceremony?

Evergreen

Registered Users (C)
Do we need to bring anything for Oath ceremony? Such as provide photo for passport?

Thanks.

Evergreen

You do not apply for passport at/during the oath ceremony. You need to do that at your post office.
I would take all the documents you took for the interview, just to be sure.

Photos

I would take 2 passport size photos. See travel.state.gov for details. I would also fill out the downloadable form on this site and print it out. That is all you will need for your passport in most cases. As soon as you are done with you oath, go to the nearest service center ( the travel.state.gov site tells you) withe the fee ($55 in personal check and $30 in cash) and apply right away. If your app is filled out and you have your naturalization certificate, pictures and fees then you are good to apply.

Yes you have that option

I did apply for the passport on the day I took the oath here in CA. However you do it later too.

Do we need to send in the original Naturalization Certificate or a copy will do ?

Originally posted by dsam
Do we need to send in the original Naturalization Certificate or a copy will do ?
If I remember right, officer at the post office will inspect the Naturalization certificate and process the application. Passport will be mailed.

Some of my friends have recently applied for the passport...and you need to send in the original Naturalization certificate with the passport application. It will be returned to you along with your passport.