Do people usually get response from BCIS on I-485 status inquiry?

ImmigrateMe

Registered Users (C)
According to my attorney, they have sent two inquiry within the past month, one each. However, they didn't receive any response from BCIS. They said if they keep sending inquiry, it may piss off BCIS and I get to go to interview which is not a good thing. Is this true?

Those of you who got response of an I485 status inquiry, please tell me how soon you get it after sending the inquiry.

I am WAC02-046, I am way passed the 30 day over due mark. Now the JIT time is Jan 9, 2002. Mine is Nov. 21, 2001.

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
ImmigrateMe
WAC02-046-5xxxx

I got it after a month. Mine is Jan 02 case and the letter was handwritten by a INS officer or employee saying that the JIT date is Dec 01, so wait until ur turn.

I got one more response for my AP enquiry also after a month of waiting after my request.

received reply

I received a reply from USCIS after I sent
a fax inquiry about my case (wac02041).

I was told that my case was with an officer
for adjudication, and not to make another
inquiry for 30-45 days

-srikrs

my lawyer sent 10 fax,email and phone inquiries for my I-140 never got a single response from USCIS.

My RD is Jan 8th and JIT date is Jan 9th. When I spoke to my lawyer, they said we will wait for some more time. my question is is possible to send the fax inquiry myself. ie, without the lawyer. If yes , what is the procedure?

Re: received reply

Originally posted by srikrs
I received a reply from USCIS after I sent
a fax inquiry about my case (wac02041).

I was told that my case was with an officer
for adjudication, and not to make another
inquiry for 30-45 days

-srikrs

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, Srikrs

Same here, my attorney told my case was with an officer for adjudication LAST MARCH, attorney said he actually talked to the officer who has my case on his desk.

It has been a year, is this officer dead or lost his mind?

- ImmigrateMe
WAC 02-046