do new US citizens get extra questioning when returning to the US for the first time?

dont mean to be rude but how long r u going for? if u leave for 5 years then return yeah they will question u for sure.if u leave for a month then no..just to let u know they ask questions no matter what u have a GC or Cit. especially if u have just a visa stamp and r a visitor..so no matter what they still ask u know why? cuz its USA immigration and they have a tough name they r tough and rude while working.(some r not rude but still its immigration they have ur life in their hands and they know it so they r on top of u and can step on u for any reason just cus they felt like it)

Sometimes they deport US citizens, as I already mentioned, even though it is illegal. They have to pay huge settlements later. Where - it is a question. In case the person states he was born in a specific country, they could deport him there.

Deport US citizens for being snotty at POE? Where are you getting your stories from?
For a naturalized citizen to be deported they would first have to be denaturalized (based on serious charge) and then deport you to your home country (if they accept you). It's not as easy to deport a naturalized US citizen as you make it out to be.

Deport US citizens for being snotty at POE? Where are you getting your stories from?
For a naturalized citizen to be deported they would first have to be denaturalized (based on serious charge) and then deport you to your home country (if they accept you). It's not as easy to deport a naturalized US citizen as you make it out to be.

they wont deport u however they can take u to the room and treat u as if ur a crime member/terrorist just to give u a hard time. they did that to my snooty neighbor

they wont deport u however they can take u to the room and treat u as if ur a crime member/terrorist just to give u a hard time. they did that to my snooty neighbor

They would do that with any snotty citizen..naturalized or natural born.

check this out
go to www.youtube.com and type border patrol checkpoint, and you will see how people refuse to state their citizenships and the officers do not force themto state citizenship and let them go

There is no longer any such distinction at the POE. All officers are part of Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Prior to the creation of DHS, there were INS and Customs agents at the border posts, but no longer.

That is not true. They are under one umbrella now and work together, however there are clear job duties. CPB is the first line of inspection and secondary inspection falls to USCIS officials. So there is a clear delineation of duties.

CPB is responsible for determining you are eligible to enter and whether or not you have contraband, are required to pay duty, are smuggling anything, have any outstanding warrants, etc. If they establish that you are eligible for the immigration benefit you claim - such as citizenship or permanent residence or visitor or student, and are otherwise 'clean' (eg. no illegal substances or rules borken) then they can admit you in.

However, if there is any doubt, they send you to secondary inspection for USCIS has jurisdiction of immigration status. USCIS officials would be responsible to initiating deportation proceeding and paroling individuals, etc.

FYI... I am not making this up and asked a USCIS Officer in secondary inspection at a land border point when I was selected by the computer to be randomly checked. Their uniforms are the say except for the patch they wear on their arm that has their particular emblem and title - CBP versus USCIS.

check this out
go to www.youtube.com and type border patrol checkpoint, and you will see how people refuse to state their citizenships and the officers do not force themto state citizenship and let them go

That's because they are already in the country as opposed to at a POE. If you're already in the country they legally can't detain you unless they suspect you're not a US citizen.

That's because they are already in the country as opposed to at a POE. If you're already in the country they legally can't detain you unless they suspect you're not a US citizen.

I recall reading about that one.... The US Border Patrol has the authority to
setup checkpoints inside the US... however, I believe they are only allowed
to do this 50 miles from the nearest US/Canda or US/Mexico border. Do you
know if it's 50 miles or 40 miles or something else? Where can I read more
about this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19278902/
http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/media/2001_1996/expiditedremoval.htm

The second case is especially interesting because the US citizen had her US passport with her, and her mother brought her daughter's US birth certificate to the airport. That did not help - the officials claimed both documents were not hers.

. When she arrived at J.F.K., inspectors accused her of posing as a U.S. citizen and shackled her to a bench overnight. McKnight’s mother rushed a copy of her daughter’s birth certificate to the airport, but it did not help. Inspectors put McKnight – confused, scared and tired – on a flight to Kingston, Jamaica

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19278902/
http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/media/2001_1996/expiditedremoval.htm

The second case is especially interesting because the US citizen had her US passport with her, and her mother brought her daughter's US birth certificate to the airport. That did not help - the officials claimed both documents were not hers.

According to USICS, both of those cases involved expedited removal after it was determined that the person was trying to gain entry into the US illegally. In the first case, Pedro Guzman had a criminal history and gave conflicting evidence when he was detained, and in the second case Sharon McKnight also gave conflicting evidence. This made USCIS officials suspect they are not US citizens.

Hopefully both cases will serve as a training guide to USCIS officials to be more thorough before deciding to deport a person suspected of not being a US citizen.