Do I ned to file new I-485, even if .......

bassman

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,
This is to express my gratitude to Judge and personnel of Portland OR , court of immigration thank you for help and understanding my master hearing date is adjourned to Jan 2012... I just wanted to ask a question about form I-485. I filed in 10-11-2008 but expires in now 11-2011 and I would like to know do I have to file again form I-485 and pay again those $1,010 even if Homeland securety approved my petition. ......I believe in your experience. I hope that in January will be done once for ever.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
The form was valid at the time it was submitted. You will not have to resubmit, unless they notify you to do so which I doubt.

Hi ,
This is to express my gratitude to Judge and personnel of Portland OR , court of immigration thank you for help and understanding my master hearing date is adjourned to Jan 2012... I just wanted to ask a question about form I-485. I filed in 10-11-2008 but expires in now 11-2011 and I would like to know do I have to file again form I-485 and pay again those $1,010 even if Homeland securety approved my petition. ......I believe in your experience. I hope that in January will be done once for ever.
Thank you for your help.

All those documents was necessary so I can be approved . Since I have approval from Home Land securely ...... Do I still need something else ??? before I go in front of Judge to terminate deportation proceedings...I am going to need immigration lawyer, which is going to be veryu dificult here in PDX ,OR...

bassman I cannot understand the difficulty in finding a competent immigration lawyer in Portland. There are sites on the web which provide reviews on lawyers by specialty. I am sure you can find one for your area.
All those documents was necessary so I can be approved . Since I have approval from Home Land securely ...... Do I still need something else ??? before I go in front of Judge to terminate deportation proceedings...I am going to need immigration lawyer, which is going to be veryu dificult here in PDX ,OR...

I have one lady lawyer that I kind of trust and it seems she really know her job but problem is I cant get in touch with her cause her secretarys wants to know why /what /about what, and I have to tallk first to her first ha ha . I went througth that once after I payd $12,000 it was very difficult to get in touch with office , and never get calls back . I allso dont want lawyer that sits in front of judge and just sweats and says nothing, but when comes to money tallks alot how he will do this and that how he have to do paper work for long time (already don I have folder), I have had some younger/ollder laywers in my days do that too me. I don't ever want to have that again, most of them were very inexperianced and scared like a hell from judge. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: