Do i have to be employed to file NIW?

Some_GreenCard

Registered Users (C)
Do i have to be employed with sponsporing agency to file NIW or is it future employment ?

Iam at present working for education agency as contracting consultant for past 4 years. Recently my department has been trying to hire me as full time employee but due to iam on 7th year h1 extension based on my pending labor with my consulting company iam not able to join them. I was wondering if i can file NIW and if I140-485 gets approved i can join future employer.

Any suggestion.

Thanks.

Some_GreenCard said:
Do i have to be employed with sponsporing agency to file NIW or is it future employment ?

Iam at present working for education agency as contracting consultant for past 4 years. Recently my department has been trying to hire me as full time employee but due to iam on 7th year h1 extension based on my pending labor with my consulting company iam not able to join them. I was wondering if i can file NIW and if I140-485 gets approved i can join future employer.

Any suggestion.

Thanks.

If you decide to concurrently file I140+I485, you can infact file for Work authorization, then you can work. Thats what I did, but I did not file for H1 cuz I was little confident that my i140 would be approved, which was infact approved after 3 months of filing (got lucky this time, lol). But if you have no option to stay here, give a shot to concurrent file + work authorization, it may work!

Good luck

Thank you for your suggestion. I may wait till atleast I140 is approved.

GoEagles said:
If you decide to concurrently file I140+I485, you can infact file for Work authorization, then you can work. Thats what I did, but I did not file for H1 cuz I was little confident that my i140 would be approved, which was infact approved after 3 months of filing (got lucky this time, lol). But if you have no option to stay here, give a shot to concurrent file + work authorization, it may work!

Good luck

Some_GreenCard said:
Thank you for your suggestion. I may wait till atleast I140 is approved.

When I filed I was in VSC territory, now in TSC. If you have H1 for another 6 months or so, then you can try with I140 if you are in VSC. But I would suggest concurrent filing in any case even if you do not want EAD right away!

GoEagles,

When you moved to another center (I assume you also changed job), did you inform INS your job change and address change? Did you file NIW or OR? Do you have to stay in the same area when you change job?

Thank you very much.

samwhite said:
GoEagles,

When you moved to another center (I assume you also changed job), did you inform INS your job change and address change? Did you file NIW or OR? Do you have to stay in the same area when you change job?

Thank you very much.

Yes, I changed Job and informed INS of address change. It was NIW. As you can see from my case and other posts, you do not have to have stay in the same area and center as long as your new job change is in the same field in which you filed NIW!

Goeagles,

Did you write to INS to inform them about the JOB change (attach a new job description)? Or you just informed them that your address has been changed (by calling 1800 numner)?

Thanks!

GoEagles said:
Yes, I changed Job and informed INS of address change. It was NIW. As you can see from my case and other posts, you do not have to have stay in the same area and center as long as your new job change is in the same field in which you filed NIW!

samwhite said:
Goeagles,

Did you write to INS to inform them about the JOB change (attach a new job description)? Or you just informed them that your address has been changed (by calling 1800 numner)?

Thanks!

As far as my understanding, you do not have to have inform INS about job change, that's what my lawyer told me and that's what I did. My lawyer called 800 and I sent AR11 form (I think that's what it is called!)

I know some people do that and also send tax forms, but I did not do that cuz it is not required by law. If asked, then I can provide them. Why to unnecessarily provide things or info if not asked!

Cheers...

Why to unnecessarily provide things or info if not asked!

Cheers...[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% !!! :)

change of center aftre change of job

Dears, i am new one to forum, i would like to ask a question and hope that somebody will reposnd. I filed my EAD/AP/I-140 and 485 (EB2-NIW) with TSC. AFter i received my EAD and AP approved I changed my job to another employer in NSC. Now I am gonna send AR-11 (form of change of address) to INS. Does that mean that my case will also be transferred to NSC. I will remain in the same sort of job whihc I was doing at the time of filing. I talked to another attorney and he told me that once you file your case with TSC, it will remain at TSC unless you want to transfer your case to NSC by yourself. Please answer my query and oblige. Thanks and best regards.

iawan70 said:
Dears, i am new one to forum, i would like to ask a question and hope that somebody will reposnd. I filed my EAD/AP/I-140 and 485 (EB2-NIW) with TSC. AFter i received my EAD and AP approved I changed my job to another employer in NSC. Now I am gonna send AR-11 (form of change of address) to INS. Does that mean that my case will also be transferred to NSC. I will remain in the same sort of job whihc I was doing at the time of filing. I talked to another attorney and he told me that once you file your case with TSC, it will remain at TSC unless you want to transfer your case to NSC by yourself. Please answer my query and oblige. Thanks and best regards.

Your attorney informed you correctly. You case would be processed at TSC!

Goodluck