Do any body know how long will it take the OAT cermoney

tvklovesu

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,
I got my OAT cermoney letter on Jul 30 07 and the cermoney date is on Aug 17th. I want to know how long will it take to complete the Cermoney. Because I have planned long back a trip to out of this state on the same day. But my flight is at 6.50 pm and the OAt is at 1PM. From the place Oat to airport it will take 1 hr 30 mins of drive. I am assuming it will not take more than 2 hrs at cermoney place. But has curious to know the length of the time it will be. Can some one post thier experience either in Cincinnati or any other place.

Thanks
tvk

I got my OAT cermoney letter on Jul 30 07 and the cermoney date is on Aug 17th. I want to know how long will it take to complete the Cermoney. Because I have planned long back a trip to out of this state on the same day. But my flight is at 6.50 pm and the OAt is at 1PM. From the place Oat to airport it will take 1 hr 30 mins of drive. I am assuming it will not take more than 2 hrs at cermoney place. But has curious to know the length of the time it will be. Can some one post thier experience either in Cincinnati or any other place.

If things go smoothly I think it is reasonable to assume that the oath will not take more than a couple of hours (and so you should be done with plenty of time left to make it to the airport). Maybe someone with experiences different from that can post their caveats here.

-KM

Mine was 45 mins. However, you are going to run into a problem since after your oath you will be a USC, you will be required to show your US passport when returning to the US. This you won't get the day of your oath. You will have to research into experiences of people needing to fly out immediatly like that. Since the Nat Cert you get isn't really accepted to enter the US by plane.

You might want to look into this before you go. The best thing would be hold off on the trip for a week or so, get your passport expediated and then once you have it go on your trip otherwise you might have issues comming back...

tvklovesu doesn't need a passport

I believe tvklovesu is flying to another state. Not out of the country. Passport is not required.

Our Oath Ceremony was delayed 2Hrs

-oo0---(_)-0oo---

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
N 400 Filed.....................Mid Sept 06
FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................APR 27th 07
IL Scheduled..................JUN 7th 07
N 445 Received...............JUN 13th 07
Oath Ceremony..............JUL 10th 07 :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....JUL 10th 07 "Took 5 Mins"
Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 "2way Overnight + Expedited = $190"
ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 "9 Days! Very Impressing"
Certificate Of Naturalization Received...........JUL 21 Journey Over! :cool:

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...