DL in Texas without SS#

pt9

Is it possible to get a DL without SS# and expired I-194 in Texas? What about state ID?

yes,
i did last year while on holiday in houston,
just turned up with passport and green visa waiver, did written part one day then went back next day and took driving part,
took mine in alvin,

natt

hi,
just turn up at the DL office with your passport and visa waiver, or whatever docs you have that legally allow you to be in the US,
thats all there is to it,
if you turn up early enough you could most likely take the whole test the same day,
hope this helps,
natt

I-94 expired = out of status

Is it possible to get a State ID or DL in TX with a TID (no SS#) and long expired I-94 (hence out of status)?

What would be the consequence if one showed up to DPS - does anyone have that experience?? What's the worst that can happen?

well, i got mine with no ssn or tid but i did have a valid visa waiver card, the type you come here on holiday with,
as for you being out of status, erm, i would have thought it best to keep your head down,,,,
natt

I just got my Texas driving license 2 weeks ago. I have no ssn since I'm a H4 visa holder. However, they required for my visa to have a validity of no less than 12 mths to get the driving license.
I'm in Austin btw. I just basically brought my passport with the visa in it.

Texas, Hell yes you can easily get a State ID + TX DL with out a social. Try going to those DMV's out in the country or just out side the city limits they wont give you a hard time at all. Trust me that what i did.

But then again i came here on an F1 student visa and im currently adjusting my status based on marriage to a US Citizen