DL expired

rkg72

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a FL drivers licence and i live in TX. Moved to TX a year and half back coz i got laid off. My H1 expired March 2005 and so did my DL. I applied for AOS (marriage to US citizen ) in march 2005 and I am waiting for my EAD. Is there anyway I can obtain a TX DL on the basis of pending AOS or do I have to wait for my EAD to apply for DL. I got my 765 receipt notice and waiting anxiously for further course of action (fingerprinting,etc) from USCIS.

any inputs.

thanks rkg 72

New DL

You will have to wait to get your SSN, once you have that you can apply for your DL at once, they won't even talk to you without your SSN, AOS Doc means nothing to them .

Give it a couple of weeks and you should get your EAD and SSN , by the way when did you file your I-130 ?

Ashton

Ead/dl

rkg72 said:
Hi,

I have a FL drivers licence and i live in TX. Moved to TX a year and half back coz i got laid off. My H1 expired March 2005 and so did my DL. I applied for AOS (marriage to US citizen ) in march 2005 and I am waiting for my EAD. Is there anyway I can obtain a TX DL on the basis of pending AOS or do I have to wait for my EAD to apply for DL. I got my 765 receipt notice and waiting anxiously for further course of action (fingerprinting,etc) from USCIS.

any inputs.

thanks rkg 72
Sorry you did mentioned in 03/05 , so you should have your SSN somewhere in June or so.

Ash

I have a SSN..my hi expired march 2005 and i applied for AOS at the same time...whats the procedure..will i get a letter for fingerprinting first...
rkg