Disconnect between Passport Agencies and US Postal office passport clerks

CrossHairs

Registered Users (C)
US Passport wizard has mandatory and non-mandatory fields (example non-mandatory fields are 'emergency contact', 'date of birth of father/mother etc')

Wizard clearly shows * for mandatory.

Post office clerk makes you fill out many non-mandatory fields when you go into submit the form - I hate such discrepancy, maybe I shud have walked out and tried a different clerk at a different place. But i dont have time to waste. Just get your acts together on mandatory vs non-mandatory. :mad:

Also, as per many suggestion here I gave the Natz certifcate in sheet protector. They (post office) rejected it saying that is not acceptable. They removed that and put a staple directly in the Natz certificate :mad:

Screw you! I probably would have walked out had I had more time to run around, but I just need to get the job done and have other things to do.:cool:

All these clerks have an overwhelming sense of "OFFICIAL AUTHORITY". They did talk politely, and all that, just that they would not budge an inch from their "procedure"

I think you just ran into someone who is very anal. I most certainly would have walked away from someone who isn't interested in what I have to say. But I can understand you not having the time. Fortunately for me, I have 2 post offices by home and another 2 by work - so going there wasn't a problem.

I was asked about the emergency contact when I filled out my daughter's passcard application last month and I told them we don't have any one we would like to list. And that was the end of that. :)

Any way - sorry you ran into this inconvenience.

i did explain it is non mandatory, but he kept insisting that i have to fill out.

Lack of time & patience to go elsewhere after already spending 30 minutes, so i gave in. Esp felt bad abt not taking my sheet protector even though i tried to insist.

Oh well, bureaucracy!

It depends on the person accepting your application. At our post office they accepted the on-line forms without question, and stapled the sheet protector containing the certificate.

CrossHairs, I was sorry to read about the obnoxious treatment you got from that USPS employee. In the future, should you or anyone else reading this run into a problem with a USPS employee, immediately ask for the supervisor. That advice was given to me a long time ago by a friend who is a supervisor at USPS. Asking for a supervisor really does help since they know how egoistic some employees can be. Hope this helps with any future encounters. :D:D:D

Ok, I got the PP and Natz cert back in mail :)
They did staple the Natz cert and made small holes in it, despite my pleading them to use the sheet protector, but oh well, its over. I got the PP and cert back. (about 5 business days using expedited service)
Passport card will come only later I suppose, since no one here seems to have got it either. (update: http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html)

QUESTION for the umpteenth and final time! :)
I sign the passport in regular scrawly (bankchecks like) signature? Correct? I dont need to sign it like the N.certifcate?

-
Saga with USCIS still continues for my wife who is waiting for oath letter, so we'll still do the infopass etc.

Last edited by a moderator: