Direct Consular Filing from India

Rahul Kumar said:
60 days from the time of landing in India (uninterrupted)

Rahul,

I have followed this thread a little as i would need to decide on DCF or AOS/K3 soon. I have my N-400 interview in late Feb and hope my oath ceremony happens soon thereafter.

Questions I have about DCF is ...
1. My fiance would fall under Chennai consulate, do we have to file for DCF with Delhi consulate and they forward the papers to chennai?

2. The 60 day requirement. Are these 60 days counted from the day of arrival in India or 60 days after marriage to Indian Fiancee? I plan to get married in about 10 days of landing in India.

3. After 60 days and DCF application do you (US citizen spouse) have to stay back till your indian spouse gets her visa? I guess not as per your post. After DCF filing do you (US Spouse) have to go back to US consulate in India for any other reason? Reason for this question is how long a leave i have to request at work. If 60 days requirement then 70 days should be enough.

I stay in Texas and was informed by a immigration lawyer I130 filed here could take about 6-12 months start to finish. DCF should cut down that time considerably.

Any suggestions are welcome.

ums said:
Questions I have about DCF is ...
1. My fiance would fall under Chennai consulate, do we have to file for DCF with Delhi consulate and they forward the papers to chennai?
All filing in India is at Delhi. They approve I-130 on the spot (with you and your spouse on the day of filing) and fwd case to chennai
ums said:
2. The 60 day requirement. Are these 60 days counted from the day of arrival in India or 60 days after marriage to Indian Fiancee? I plan to get married in about 10 days of landing in India.
60 days from Day of LANDING!

ums said:
3. After 60 days and DCF application do you (US citizen spouse) have to stay back till your indian spouse gets her visa? I guess not as per your post. After DCF filing do you (US Spouse) have to go back to US consulate in India for any other reason? Reason for this question is how long a leave i have to request at work. If 60 days requirement then 70 days should be enough.
Your presence (US Citizen) will not be required after the Delhi interview. Plan on being in India atleast 65 days (a few days for backup/embassy closure etc etc)

ums said:
I stay in Texas and was informed by a immigration lawyer I130 filed here could take about 6-12 months start to finish. DCF should cut down that time considerably.
There is no comparison between TSC I-130 and DCF. Speed wise , TSC is a pickup truck and DCF is a BMW!

If you can manage 60 days off then go for it. I highly recommend it.

Rahul Kumar said:
All filing in India is at Delhi. They approve I-130 on the spot (with you and your spouse on the day of filing) and fwd case to chennai

Are you sure they approve on spot? They used to take about a week to 10 days.

Another option would K1 (Fiancee) visa.

Yes, they approve it on spot. In other words, once they tell you they accept the case, it means that they consider the case is "clearly approvable". Officially the approval may take a few more days but unless something is really screwy you have nothing to worry about.

K1 may not work for this person as marriage date appears to be set

Rahul Kumar said:
K1 may not work for this person as marriage date appears to be set
May be we need more info from UMS. Since the oath date is unknown at this point, we are not sure when UMS is planning to get married. Any stay over 60 days prior to oath will not count.....

DCF while you have a pending I130 in US

Can you go to New Delhi and Do DCF for your spouse when you already have a pending I 130 for your spouse here in the US? I hope it is possible. Please comment
Thanks.

Naaz

Rahul Kumar said:

What happens next at chennai? Is there a need for medical checkup and security checks for my Indian spouse? What is the time frame for this?

And another question. For filing I-130 at US consulate in Delhi, do you need appointment or as us citizen, can you just walk in if you show up early on the day of interview?

And yes K1 (fiance Visa) is ruled out as i am told it takes about 8 months AND I cannot postpone marriage later than july 2005. Might as well do DCF as soon as I get my citizenship.

There is no comparison between TSC I-130 and DCF. Speed wise , TSC is a pickup truck and DCF is a BMW!

Will prefer a ferrari but BMW will do :D Need to check up on 60 days leave. Maybe i can take 30 days vacation and work rest of the time from Indian site of my employer till this gets sorted out.

Thanks a bunch all you guys for sharing your experiences. Is there a post which explains the complete DCF process? Will be very helpful.

Regards,
UMS

You do not need any appointment. Medical and all will come with Packet 4. Dont worry abtout it now. You can get a GC in as less as 2 months with DCF. Read some experiences from other users.

I worked at my company's Indian branch for 2.5 weeks to do DCF.. Think about it

Naaz2004 said:
Can you go to New Delhi and Do DCF for your spouse when you already have a pending I 130 for your spouse here in the US? I hope it is possible. Please comment
Thanks.

Naaz

Yes I had an I-130 from VSC which I withdrew immediately after Delhi accepted my petition,

I-130 APPROVED,how can I travel to USA?!

Dear people,can anybody help me with some advice?!My I-130 has been approved on sept.04,2004(my husband is USC).K-3 (I-129F) still didnt approved,receipt of notice is Dec.07th,2004.What is the wait for my GC to be send to Croatian consulate, where I am waiting since May 2004 for my case to be finally done?!?!?!Can I travel to USA and be w my husband with toursit visa?!..American embassy in Croatia is horrible, people are not friendly at all, very route and nasty so they do not wanna give u any info about the case?!?!?!?
PLEASE, HELP!!!!so desperate to see my hubby....

Rahul Kumar said:
Yes I had an I-130 from VSC which I withdrew immediately after Delhi accepted my petition,

Really? That is a great news! So you do not have to withdraw your I130 that is filed in usa before you can go DCF? Do they accept a second I 130? Do you have to tell the embassy about your pending I 130? And wouldn't that make them tell you wait for that? This is really interesting to me as I might be able to use this. One more Q. Do you have to be there for 60 or more day and why? Can't you just file and get approved and come back and let your spouse to complete the remaining process without you in India? Possible? please advise. Thanks much

Naaz

Its common to file a I-130 with a SVC Ctr before going to DCF. You can withdraw this after your DCF I-130 is accepted. They have concrete instructions (imagine that) in a separate form telling you how to withdraw (basically send them a certified mail)

DCF will be accepted after 60 days of stay. After its accepted you (sponsor) can leave. Read my DCF experience, read Sundar's experience, read Venkat_tx and also search in BritishExpats for more experiences

kasosa said:
Dear people,can anybody help me with some advice?!My I-130 has been approved on sept.04,2004(my husband is USC).K-3 (I-129F) still didnt approved,receipt of notice is Dec.07th,2004.What is the wait for my GC to be send to Croatian consulate, where I am waiting since May 2004 for my case to be finally done?!?!?!Can I travel to USA and be w my husband with toursit visa?!..American embassy in Croatia is horrible, people are not friendly at all, very route and nasty so they do not wanna give u any info about the case?!?!?!?
PLEASE, HELP!!!!so desperate to see my hubby....

Can your husband not check the status of the 129F ? It normally shld be approved very soon. Ask your husband to contact local congressman immediately

My husband did contact the immigration office, they said I129F is in Missoury, and their processing date is June 23,2004.!!!We never contact the local congressman.Who are those people?!Where can we get in contact to them?!?!

Congressman = Member of Parliment (Politician) , one that can help in these matters.
If the processing is in June then unfortunately there is not much you can do. But try anyways

K-3

Ok so from all the reading I have done, seems like DCF is the way to go, except in my case...well ok maybe

I am at a loss since I dont have any locations in India where I can work for my company for a couple weeks or a month or two, imagine that :( ... not a big deal though, I might just go without pay if it is only a couple months for the spouse to come here.

Here's my bigger dilemna! What are the processing times for the K-3 Visa's? Lets suppose I get married in 15 days after going to India and I file a I-130 here in the US. How soon can I file for K-Visa? At the same time or once the I-130 is approved? And once I-129 is filed, what is the approximate time I am looking at, 6 months? longer?

Anyone?

Thanks

Vermont Service Center is taking about 1-2 months to approve I-130. Entire K3 visa may take about 6-8 months. Phillydude can give you a better insight into this

Rahul Kumar said:
Vermont Service Center is taking about 1-2 months to approve I-130. Entire K3 visa may take about 6-8 months. Phillydude can give you a better insight into this

For CR1 visa (I-130) approval times can be obtained from USCIS website. Currently, VSC and CSC are taking approximately 2 months to approve I130s. You need to add another 3-4 months (National visa center processing) before your file gets forwarded to foreign consulate.

K3 has been stuck for a long time. From what I understand they have only 9 officers assigned for these cases.

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/NationalBenefitsCenter.html

Rahul Kumar said:
Its common to file a I-130 with a SVC Ctr before going to DCF. You can withdraw this after your DCF I-130 is accepted. They have concrete instructions (imagine that) in a separate form telling you how to withdraw (basically send them a certified mail)

DCF will be accepted after 60 days of stay. After its accepted you (sponsor) can leave. Read my DCF experience, read Sundar's experience, read Venkat_tx and also search in BritishExpats for more experiences

Thanks Rahul, I am clear about the withdrawing application issue now but am still not clear about the 60 days stay thing. I read in The New Delhi US embassy website that in order for DCF the US citizen must reside in that foreign country. Now is this 60 days stay there for the purpose of showing that you are residing in that foreign country? and if not so why you had to stay there for 60 days? What is the exact reason behind the 60 days stay requirement? Could you please help me understand this? I searched online alot but can't find an answer to this.

Thanks

Naaz