Dilemma regarding H1 B Tranfer

Rachna25

Hi,

I was working with Company A for 2 years . Recently , I came to USA on H1B visa & had quit that company & got relieved on 30th Nov.
Now , I got selected in two companies . Company B & Company C .

Company B , has already started the H1B Transfer process ( before I got relieved from Company A) . And I have the receipt number .
They are going to follow the normal process for H1B transfer .

Company C , has not started the H1B transfer process yet . And they are saying that they would file by this Friday i.e 3rd Dec .
They are going to follow the Premium Process for H1B Transfer.

The above are the scenarios . My questions are :
1) Will Company A Cancel my H1B visa ? If yes , what is the process and What are the implications ?
2) As I want to join Company C , Do I have to give the Company B's H1B Transfer receipt number to the legal team ?
3) Can I have H1 B transfer done smoothly from company C ?

Thanks.

Rachna,

I am sorry to ask a question in reply to a question, but do we need the latest pay stubs for H-1B transfer . how old can they be. Can they effect transfer. I heard they should be very recent........ Thanks so much,

Utpal

As per my knowledge,

You dont need any pay stub from any company that did sponsor your previous H1-B visa for transfer to new company.

After you Enter US on H1-B or start a job on H1-B, when you resign or lose your job, you have 30 days to leave or transfer. Although company B has file transfer, company C can also file for your H1-B transfer. Your active H1-B will be the one you are working with. As soon as the company files your transfer, you can start working for them. You can not work for company B or C unless they file your transfer.

Rachna25 said:
Hi,

I was working with Company A for 2 years . Recently , I came to USA on H1B visa & had quit that company & got relieved on 30th Nov.

You worked for company A for 2 years, meaing they are the primary sponsor of your H1B visa.

Now , I got selected in two companies . Company B & Company C .

You can choose either of one, but I think you are interested in Company C.

Company B , has already started the H1B Transfer process ( before I got relieved from Company A) . And I have the receipt number. They are going to follow the normal process for H1B transfer.

Once company B starts working on your case, meaing once the petition is filed on your behalf, you can walk in that company floor and start working, no need to worry about getting H1B approved/transfered.

Company C , has not started the H1B transfer process yet . And they are saying that they would file by this Friday i.e 3rd Dec. They are going to follow the Premium Process for H1B Transfer.

The above are the scenarios . My questions are :
1) Will Company A Cancel my H1B visa ? If yes , what is the process and What are the implications ?

You already filed your petition, meaing there is no impact even Company cancels your H1B.

2) As I want to join Company C , Do I have to give the Company B's H1B Transfer receipt number to the legal team ?

If you don't want to join them, simply tell them you are not interested in them no more, no need to worry about dealing with their legal team. Just think they dont exist.

3) Can I have H1 B transfer done smoothly from company C ?

Yeah, for sure, no doubt on that, just make sure company is in good business standing.

Thanks.

Thanks