Dilema!!

sheets

Registered Users (C)
I have a 10 yr multiple entry visa to the United States....and i'm married to a canadian with a PR....So i wanna know, can my PR be filed from Buffalo or any other state within US who does the processing faster than india ...if it can be filed from US,then how do we go about this?? and in how much time does the spouse get the PR??It would be great if someone helped us out ASAP!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
no..

you cannot be a resident of the US on a B2 . And you have to apply for the PR from your country of residence. India.

No choice.

Hi

i know of people who are spouses of canadians and have filed their PR from other countries...so are u sure U HAVE to file PR from the country of residence??

ASAP

heya,
Maybe you are right...but if im a visitor in canada and file for my PR from within canada,then how much time would that take ideally??please reply ASAP

If you are married to a Canadian PR and you are on Visitor Visa in Canada, your spouse can start inland sponsorship; he does not need to show income for spouse
your spouse can file for your PR papers to Mississauga CIC and it will take 3-4 months for the application approval ( IAD), once your spouse gets that application has been accepted you can immediately get work permit, while the final steps like medical, background check are being done, total time from application to final processing of your PR papers will take 6-7 months. Don’t think of applying through US
And you can extend your Canada Visitor visa while your papers are filed.
Talk to a Canada immigration lawyer

Hi ginnu,Please help!!

hey ,

We are planning on the same as u suggested...me go as a visitor and my spouse file my PR fron within canada coz thats much faster.But I have one more doubt...if anybody in general wants to apply for a Visitor''s visa in general to the canadian high commission,new delhi....and if that someone has a 10yr Multiple entry to US and has been to US 2 times earlier,can he/she apply for a multiple entry Visitors visa while applying for the first time to Canadian high commission?? to save the inconvinience later of getting a visa again and again..
and while my PR is in progress,does my Visitor's visa keep getting extended or is it just once that u can extend the visitor's visa?? Please answer ASAP

Re: Hi ginnu,Please help!!

We are planning on the same as u suggested...me go as a visitor and my spouse file my PR from within Canada coz that’s much faster. But I have one more doubt...if anybody in general wants to apply for a Visitor’s visa in general to the Canadian high commission, new Delhi.... and if that someone has a 10yr Multiple entry to US and has been to US 2 times earlier, can he/she apply for a multiple entry Visitors visa while applying for the first time to Canadian high commission?? To save the inconvenience later of getting a visa again and again..

*** It depends on Visa officer and no body can answer you, if it is you and try to get Canada visitor visa once your PR papers are filed in Canada by your spouse you will be DENIED Visitor visa forget about multiple entry
You should NOT take any risk of going to New Delhi high commission to get Visa, 100 % you will be denied as you are potential immigrant to Canada, and your PR papers are going to be filled in Canada they can immediately check in computer that your Pr application is pending with CIC Mississauga . You will not get Visa for Canada from Delhi till your PR file is completed.

and while my PR is in progress, does my Visitor's visa keep getting extended or is it just once that u can extend the visitor's visa?? Please answer ASAP
** What you should do is let your husband file for PR IN Canada while you are on Visitor visa once he receives a letter from CIC Mississauga that he is Approved as sponsor you can get work permit immediately after that.
If your visitor visa is going to expire you can file extensions while PR application is pending.
Go to a good Canada immigration lawyer (don’t go to WWICS they are cheats)
Good luck!!

Hi ginnu

ginnu,ur getting me wrong....my PR is not filed...and im not yet married...we will get married in sometime...so thats why im going to New delhi for my Visitors visa...thats the reason i asked u that would i get a multiple entry Visitor's visa when i apply as a visitor and NOT as a spouse???
How long do they extend the visitors after the PR is in progress??do they have a time limit of 9 months or they would extend it as long as my PR takes?

you wrote in your first posting :

" i'm married to a canadian with a PR....So i wanna know, can my PR be filed "

I can’t make out if you are lying now or lied in your first post; do you think I should send a reply to a liar?
Anyway find the answer and read at your own risk:

1 I don’t know where you are in India, US or in Canada, because every case is unique and depends where you are and how to handle it.
2. If you are going to get married in India then get married with all the rituals have many photographs and marriage certificate, with these kind of documents CHC Delhi has refused few cases they give the reason that prove that it is genuine marriage, I know 2 cases that they were rejected and then they went for appeal, why cant you marry in Canada? This will avoid the problems (if you are in Canada)
3 if you are in India and asking if you will get Visitor Visa with single entry or multiple entry visa for Canada I can not answer your question as it depends on Visa officer in Delhi, they may also refuse you a visa. Refusal rate is 80% for north Indians, unmarried and age between 20-28.US multiple entry visa has no qualification to get Canada visitor visa, both are different countries and have different immigration rules .
3 once your spouse sponsor you from with in Canada for PR, he may get a reply from CIC Mississauga in 20- days to a month time that he is approved as Sponsor for your PR, and then if you are in Canada at that time you will get work permit and your Visitor status will be extended till you get PR ( it can be one time or 2 time extension) I hope they have limit for extension but once it is going to expire new application to extend should be sent before the expiry date and you can get extensions till you get PR

AND
If you leave Canada once your PR sponsorship is filed by your spouse and go to India then you will Not get any Visa for Canada till your PR file is completed you may have to wait in India about 1 year after your papers are filed.

Please meet Canada immigration lawyer if you are in Canada.
If you are in India go to Canada consulate and try for visa, once you arrive in Canada meet good lawyer
Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got your PM but I was unable to send you PM because I got the following message when I tried to send Private message
“ImmigrationPortal.com Message
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board”

"sheets has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Please find the answer to your concerns:

By reading your message I can only say that
1. As you have lied in earlier posts you may have habit of lying and you will be caught by Visa officer in Delhi about your intentions about immigration to Canada as you were caught here on this thread, visa officer is not fool, it would have been better if you would have posted here your correct information and your correct intention then I would have been the person to guide you what ever I know about Delhi Canada High commission and what paper work to give at Window when you submit your passport for visa, and how to answer the visa officer for the normal questions asked, this forum is to help each other for Canada visa or immigration questions who seek help honestly. We all are here to help what ever way we can help others who seek information or help to particular situations,.
2. Looking at your age very less chances of Canada visitor visa 20% chances, you can write multiple entry or single entry it does not matter, visa officer will decide if he can give you visa for single entry or multiple entry or deny it, you can not know till you apply, you can write on your visa application multiple entry
3. Visa officer is going to ask you the purpose of visit? He is going to check your intention by asking many questions as you have habit of lying you will fumble before him, he will ask for few documents from you, I don’t know if you can provide or not.
4. You have to be in line at Delhi morning 5AM in cold before Canadian High commission chankayapuri and you may or may not be called for interview, if called for Interview good chances and how you answer to the questions asked by Visa officer, If it is straight rejection with out interview or with interview then you will get rejection stamp on your passport it means more problems in future visa for Canada the information about you will go to Canada immigration computer and you will not know what information visa officer has written about you. If you get interview it will be after 2 PM
5. There are ways to prepare some paper work and to prove your ties to India and prove that you don’t have immigration intent at the time of applying visitor visa but you have other intentions, you know better than me
6. Your US visa or visits to US is NOT a qualification for getting Canada visa and you are not given any concessions if you are not from north India or you are from south India, all are treated for visitor visa having immigration intent and no special treatment to particular region of India. You will not know the outcome of visa till you apply it with proper documents to Canada High commission.
hope to see you in Canada with your spouse!!
Good Luck!!