Digs,I got a response from senator

kishore143

Registered Users (C)
Digs

I got a response letter yesterday from senator.they responded very quickly i didnt expect that.

The letter is saying,they contacted the USCIS regarding my 140 and CIS old them they are processing dec2003 applications right now.

In my request to senator ,i told them iam seeing several approvals of petitions filed in 2004 and 2005 eventhogh their processing time showig 2003 dec.For that qusetion USCIS responded saying they are processing each and every application in very FAIRLY AND TIMELY manner in the order it was recieved and now they are only processing until dec2003 only...that is ridiculous huh

senator office guys told me to contact them again as soon as the processing time crosses my RD.
I just want to let you know that.Did you get any response back from them

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your inputs. Unfortunately, the NSC's unjustified response drives crazy to so many of us. For the same reason, I had included the strange pattern of 140 approvals by NSC in my letter to the Senator.

As an update from my side, I too have just received a letter from the Senator stating that he has written to NSC on this 25th, enquiring about my 140 and that if I dont receive a response in 30 days from NSC, I may contact his office again so that he can send a reminder to them. It was a pleasant surprise to receive a timely & favorable response from the Senator. On the other hand, I have been following up with my Attorney for last 3 weeks and seems he has still not initiated any enquiry. He will sweetly call me back when the payment gets due.

It is surprising that for last several days, we have been only seeing RFE responses sent, LUDs changed / not changed, but nothing about approvals. NSC, whether fair or unfair, atleast keep some flow of 140 approvals. Good to see the EB2, 140 has moved to Jul.'04, hope rest follows.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr04
140 ??

Hi Kishore and Digs,

I contacted my local congresswomen after reading your messages. I figured what the heck. I got a response back from her this afternoon. She said that my application is stuck with a security check. She said its a common practice after 9/11 and it might take couple of weeks to several months to get it cleared. Well.. god knows how long this will take ..

colts fan
did they contacted cis for your case eventhough the processing time is dec2003.

It is really sad to stuck in name check.May be my case also in the name check problem.

So it might be all our cases where we dont see our 140's status changes maybe stuck in name check ?

colts_fan,

welcome to the club ! :). I am a Sep 2003 filer and still waiting for I-140 approal. My senator and congressman state the same reason of "security check" although my name check was completed and the results were sent to CIS in Oct 2003. I emailed FBI and got the above response regarding name check.

kishore and all other guys stuck like me, don't confuse "name check" with "security check". They are two different things. According to my senator, security check involves a great deals of details. That's one reason why it takes so long, another reason is your name(last name I guess) could have lot of "hits", so they have to verify each and every one.

So hang tight and trust in God.

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)
AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Below is the reply USCIS(received 11/18/2005)

Case type:
-- I140

Filing date:
-- 07/20/2005

Receipt #:
-- LIN-05-222-xxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- name

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- Axxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:
-- Case Status - Outside Processing Time

The status of this service request is:

The law states that we may only give information to the
applicant/petitioner or the attorney of record. You are the beneficiary of this Form
I-140. Therefore, we are unable to answer your inquiry.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer
Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.