• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

different point of entry??

pjoshi

Registered Users (C)
hi,

i am a dv2006 lottery winner. i have got all my visas sorted. i put down in my forms i know someone in south carolina. do i have to use south carolina as my point of entry or can i use different point of entry, instead of south carolina can i enter in california??

cheers
pj

You can come in through any POE of your choice, they will interview you and ask for the brown envelope and the address you'll be living at so that your GC can be sent there. You may want to make sure they are not going to use your previous address.

Barbara

GC Picture

Which picture is used for GC? The first one's sent with the 1st envelope instructions or they take other picture somewhere else: embassy for example?

Rgds,
Gismito2000

POE (Point Of Entry) = Place or location where you enter US. It is usually airport where you land in US. If you are coming to South Carolina most probably your POE will be New York. It can be anywhere based on your flight route.