Difference between i-89 and i-90 ( restamp )

VikramP

Registered Users (C)
I have been waiting for almost a year for my plastic card.
Called an officer at INS. He told me there is no trace
of any activity in your case and told me to go to the local
office and file for i-90 ( as well as i-765 ).

has anyone gone thru the process ? any ideas regarding
this would be appreciated ?

thanks

i-90

I see an i-90 on the INS website. Printed it out.
I will fill it out. I see some of posting state there
is a fee for this. ( It is not a very big amount but do they
make you pay if the INS should have posted the plastic after
the intial i-89 ).

Also any ideas on filing I-765 ? This looks like EAD.
I don\'t understand why they want me to file I-765 again.
The stamp on the passport clearly states that there is
authorization for work. Any thoughts ?

I believe

That I-89 is the form used to collect fingerprints and signature. I think it is not specific to initiate the card process for AOS approvals, but it may be used under many other cases which need a fingerprint and signature sample.

I haven\'t got to that point (I don\'t even have my first plastic card yet), but I believe I-89 should be used in connection with an I-90 application, i.e. when they ask you to sign and put fingerprint.
The reason people who go to office with approval notice don\'t need to fill out an I-90 can have to do among other things that the approval notice has enough information to start the plastic card process (name, alien number, address, etcetera).
If you don\'t believe what I say about I-89, please go to INS website and search for it.

And yes, it is an internal form. No doing your own fingerprints on the privacy of your home :)

PS: I have read the instructions for form I-90 and they say one needs to complete an I-89 (i.e. only signature and fingerprint).

My 2 cents.

No Title

If you got a new stamp in the passport, then you don\'t need EAD again. I don\'t even think they will give you a EAD even if you apply because you are already a permanent resident.