Did you get your PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) in India ?

Deserter03

Registered Users (C)
I need to get my PCCs in India (I have been living in India for the last 18 months). Specifically, I need to obtain:
1) A PCC from the local Passport Office (in Kerala)
2) A PCC from the local Police Station (in Kerala)

Here are my questions, for thos who have done this in India:
1) What exactly will the PCC from Passport Office state ?

2) My passport already has Emigration Clearance Not Required, do I need to do anything about this ?

3) Can the 2 PCCs be applied for in parallel, or will the Passport Office require the PCC from the Police Station ? In other words, should I get the Police PCC before applying for the Passport PCC ?

4) Exactly what will the police ask my references ?

5) BTW, I was also in the US for over a year sometime back (but after I turned 16). Do I need to get a PCC from some Indian Embassy in the US ?

I visited the local Passport Office, but they were clueless about the PCC. Incidentally, I have downloaded Form 2 ( for miscellaneous services) from the Ext Affairs Ministry website.

Thanks.

Deserter03 said:
I need to get my PCCs in India (I have been living in India for the last 18 months). Specifically, I need to obtain:
1) A PCC from the local Passport Office (in Kerala)
2) A PCC from the local Police Station (in Kerala)

{I can answer some of the questions.}

Here are my questions, for thos who have done this in India:
1) What exactly will the PCC from Passport Office state ?

2) My passport already has Emigration Clearance Not Required, do I need to do anything about this ?

{Nothing}

3) Can the 2 PCCs be applied for in parallel, or will the Passport Office require the PCC from the Police Station ? In other words, should I get the Police PCC before applying for the Passport PCC ?

4) Exactly what will the police ask my references ?

5) BTW, I was also in the US for over a year sometime back (but after I turned 16). Do I need to get a PCC from some Indian Embassy in the US ?

{You don't need a PCC for your stay in US.

The second part of the question needs some clarification.

Candidates who are current residents of US approach the Indian Consulate/Embassy for a PCC that covers their stay in India and not their
stay in US }

I visited the local Passport Office, but they were clueless about the PCC. Incidentally, I have downloaded Form 2 ( for miscellaneous services) from the Ext Affairs Ministry website.

Thanks.

{my responses}

Deserter03 said:
Legally you should have no problem otherwise also as you are immigrating to US. But it's good that you have it cleared, so the crooks at the airport do not pester you . :rolleyes:

Okay, thanks for the clarifications. I have started the PCC (Police Station) activity, will post an update once I actually get the document in my grubby
paws.

The PCC (Passport Office) is a more troublesome matter (note that I am doing all this in India).

My passport was issued in the US, it still has my US address, but I have been resident in India for several months. Hence the local PO has disowned all responsibility for issuing the PCC. Has anyone been in such a situation ?

If my understanding is correct the PO-PCC (Passport Office -PCC), is not a document as such, it is a stamp that the consulate or the PO applies on the passport. Is this so ?