Did not received Biometric Notice after 8 weeks 485 approval

sbba

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I- 485 was approved on Sept 15, But still i have not received my Biometric Notice, So right now what are my options?

Can i take an infopass appointment as i didt received the biometrics even after 60 days of 485 approval.

If anybody in the same situation as mine please share ur experiences..

Thanks,
-sbba

you aren't the only one!

For whatever reason, some cities are really behind on biometrics. My 485 was approved on 6/27 and I waited over 4 months and still no biometrics notice. Called the 1-800 number a few time after 60 days, no help. So I went down to the USCIS office and showed them my approval letter from June and they did the biometrics for me. Sure enough I got the card after a few days!
You can certainly try the same thing but I have heard people complaining USCIS won't do biometrics without notice. My feeling is once your 485 is approved, you are in the system and they should be able to process the biometrics for you. Any excuse is plain BS.
BTW, I still haven't got the biometrics notice yet, want to bet on when I may get it? :)

Response from Customer Service about Bio-metrics

Thanks for your response.
I have something to share,Today I called customer services two times and two times I got different responses.
Response 1:
Immigration officer asking me to take a infopass appointment to submit my photographs and signature (still my fingerprints are valid.)
Response 2:
Another Immigration officer suggested me to fill out the G-731N form and submit to USCIS-Nebraska then they are going to review my case.
I don't know what I need to do....I am in the thought of going for the infopass appointment and see how it will work..
Share your experiences also...

Thanks
-sbba :mad:

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)
AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Thank a lot

sbba said:
Hi All,

My I- 485 was approved on Sept 15, But still i have not received my Biometric Notice, So right now what are my options?

Can i take an infopass appointment as i didt received the biometrics even after 60 days of 485 approval.

If anybody in the same situation as mine please share ur experiences..

Thanks,
-sbba
I got my Biomet notice ,82 days after the approval of 485(Nebraska/Detroit zone), althought maximum waiting time mentioned in my aproval letter was 60 days.
Infact Bomet depends on your local area as how many people are ahead of you in the line. Depending upon the available spot in local office, head office releases the notice of biomet.
I too adopted the info pass stratigies but that was not worked out and the officer told me to wait until you receive Biomet notice OR if you have some emergency travel plan, show the return ORIGINAL ticket then they will stamp you on your pass port. Hope this will help you to understand the proceedings. Once Biomet will be done, rest of the steps were real fast and amazing. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sbba,

Same thing happened to us too. I got my Bio-metrics notice 4 days after I took Infopass Appt. and the notice date was the same day when I took the Infopass Apt. We were waiting for my spouse's Bio-metrics notice. Took Infopass Appt. and went to ASC in Chicago Downtown. They said they dont do Biometrics there. We requested to get the PP Stamped (after 15 minutes IIO stamped the PP) since we are travelling in Dec. We took our tickets to prove it. Then after we came out of the Office, we called USCIS Customer Service and told that we are travelling and we havent recieved the Bio-metrics(my wife called). After few minutes she said that the I-485 file is with the local ASC office and they will schedule an appointment soon. But we have to wait till local ASC office sends you the notice. Within a week we got the notice. :)

Hope this helps who are waiting for the Bio-Metrics Notice.
Note: Keep calling the USCIS Customer Service after 60 days (If written on your notice) every week.

60 days have been passed since my GC approval so,I called INS yesterday and talked to one of the representative there. She took all my information and told me that she is going to send my request to concerned department. Let's what happenes