Did not receive a N-652

Flyer1221

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just had my naturalization interview, however, the officer told me that she needs to review the case further to make a decision. She did not give me a N-652 and told me to expect a letter in the mail in about a week or so as to the status of my case i.e accepted, denied or additional information needed. She made me sign the photographs and the form as if everything was good to go.

I asked my lawyer about this and she said that junior officers do not have the ability to grant citizenships and in my case actually the officer had a badge around her neck that said Temporary/Contract. This took place at the Irving, TX centre. My lawyer also said that the letter most likely will be an Oath letter.

My question is have people recently had similar experiences? If so how long is the actual wait time till we hear back from USCIS?

Many thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I just had my naturalization interview, however, the officer told me that she needs to review the case further to make a decision. She did not give me a N-652 and told me to expect a letter in the mail in about a week or so as to the status of my case i.e accepted, denied or additional information needed. She made me sign the photographs and the form as if everything was good to go.

I asked my lawyer about this and she said that junior officers do not have the ability to grant citizenships and in my case actually the officer had a badge around her neck that said Temporary/Contract. This took place at the Irving, TX centre. My lawyer also said that the letter most likely will be an Oath letter.

My question is have people recently had similar experiences? If so how long is the actual wait time till we hear back from USCIS?

Many thanks!!

By law, they are supposed to give you interview results letter after interview. Schedule an Infopass and request to speak with a supervisor to get your N-652.

Hi, thanks for your reply but how do I call a supervisor? And dont I have to wait 90days or so before scheduling an infopass? Thank you!

When you call the toll free number, you will speak with a customer service rep. They will transfer you to a supervisor .. but you will have to "insist" and be persistent.

Hi, thanks for your reply but how do I call a supervisor? And dont I have to wait 90days or so before scheduling an infopass? Thank you!
Not call, but go to Infopass.

When you go for Infopass, tell the IO that you didn't get an interview letter and that you want yours. If the IO can't help you then request to speak with a supervisor. You don't need to wait a certain amount of days after interview to schedule Infopass.

By law, they are supposed to give you interview results letter after interview. Schedule an Infopass and request to speak with a supervisor to get your N-652.

I agree, what happened here appears to have been against established procedures. The IO conducting the interview had the obligation to give the OP N-652 indicating the results of the interview. If the IO was a temp, he/she could still have marked the box "decision cannot yet be made" on N-652. I agree that the OP is best advised to schedule an INFOPASS appointment and to demand an N-652 form there.

Just one quick question: By signing the document and the pics as I did during the interview, does that mean anything? From what it looks like its all good to go except in this case the IO just couldn't make a decision as she needed her supervisors approval but decided to tell me that she needed to review the case further. Do people normally sign the photographs and the document (that has the name, dob, etc) even though the IO wants to review the case? Thanks