Did BEC Instruct employers not send case status requests?

Srikanth5

Registered Users (C)
I have a LC pending with BEC filed in NY since 2002 OCT. 45 day letter is also not received so far.

When I asked my attorney to send a letter to check the status, I was informed that they have been instructed not to send any requests for status checks until July 2007 where all the pending cases at BEC are expected to be processed.

Does anybody know if this is true? Please let me know if have any suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!

Srikanth

Srikanth5 said:
I have a LC pending with BEC filed in NY since 2002 OCT. 45 day letter is also not received so far.

When I asked my attorney to send a letter to check the status, I was informed that they have been instructed not to send any requests for status checks until July 2007 where all the pending cases at BEC are expected to be processed.

Does anybody know if this is true? Please let me know if have any suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!

Srikanth
That is absolutely not true. While it's a fact that there isn't any establsihed means of checking the status, it is not true that there is a guideline out there prohibiting employers and attorneys from requesting the status of a case before July 2007. If you browse this forum, you'll see that indiviuals are getting their employers and lawyers to regularly check the status of their cases with BECs. One such means is to have your employer call 202-693-3010 and ask for the status of your case. Of course, it takes several tries and patience to get some information by calling this number.

Not true at all

Srikanth5 said:

Thanks in advance!

Srikanth

Its not true at all. and moreover not all employers and lawyers agree to send for status checks. why dont u ask for status check from BEC.i asked for one last week and got it.You can ask for it they will send u the details but there will be no status of case but other details like case number PD.case type.

Same case with my employer, attorney

Even my employer, attorney are not willing to contact PBEC to get case status... they do not want to call the 202 number and do not want to explore other ways of getting the case status.

I am still in the 5th year of my H1 hence I have not yet send an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US. Is there any other way for me to obtain case snapshot that I can request myself?

Thanks.

snowshoe said:
Even my employer, attorney are not willing to contact PBEC to get case status... they do not want to call the 202 number and do not want to explore other ways of getting the case status.

I am still in the 5th year of my H1 hence I have not yet send an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US. Is there any other way for me to obtain case snapshot that I can request myself?

Thanks.
send the H1B screenshot request yourself to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, they won't check your H1 status. Use the following template:

Subject: 7yr H-1B extension: ETA pending confirmation request: CASE NUMBER: <<state name>> <<original SWA case number>>

Please send confirmation of filing of Case number: <<State name>> – Case number <<case number>>

Employer: <<employer name>>

Alien: <<your name>>

State: <<state name>>

Priority Date: <<your PD>>

Attorney (G-28): <<name of attorney>>