Did anybody get I-140 approved lately while concurrent I-485 was filed?

PT_Jun01

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Please post the details, if you have been approved for I-140 while you filed the concurrent I-485 after filing I-140 with the
I-140 receipt.

I think it will help concurrent filers who have filed I-485 alone (with I-140 receipt) or I-140/I-485 together as I read some where on this site (someone pointed a URL to a website) that INS will adjudicate the I-140 and I-485 together in concurrent filing cases. So concurrent filers won't get an opportunity to utilize AC21 rule if they wish. Although, concurrent 485 filing helps to get EAD/AP sooner rather than later but no one can minimize the fact that concurrent filing brings "AC-21" as a great flexibility along with EAD/AP.

Any notes/comments are welcome.

Thanks!

correct me if I am wrong

but I have read on couple sites that per the new law people who filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently, the I-140 wont be adjudicated until the time of I-485 adjudication ie I-140 wont be approved any earlier than their I-485. Please post if you have any conflicting info.

I think your read it right!

That's the kind of posts I was referring to...I also read on some sites about this ruling...I am not sure how far this it's true....as I haven't seen any official ruling/ posting anywhere. So I thought of putting this post to see if anybody has any idea/info.

Thanks!

PS: TYZH, in my post I was talking about ppl who already had their I-140 filed with INS and then filed a concurrent 485 with
I-140 receipt after 07/31/02(Unlike I-140/I-485 concurrent filers at the sametime). And I was wondering, if anybody of the same scenerio got their I-140 approved lately.

concurrent filing

Hi guys,
I do not know how true those reports are and how strictly they are followd. As I understand the issue, I-140 cannot be really tied to EAD/AP. INS will probably give EAD/AP even without approving i-140 if the general conditions are satisfied.

But the information I got from my lawyer is for TSC. Apparently in all the six cases he applied for i1-40 and later 485 (with the receipt of 140) and 140 was approved very soon after that in 2weeks in a case and upto couple of months in other cases. But this may not be the latest stance taken by INS, but atleast I see this as a hope.

BTW, my 140 was filed today (10/08/02). Once I get the receipt, I will file 485.

Good luck to all of us:)

Hi all,

My I-140 was filed 05/09 and RD 05/17. Also filed I-485 & AP concurrently on 09/10 and RD 09/27 with ND 09/21. With the I-485 receipt I got my EAD by visiting Boston INS office on 10/07. BTW, also got FP notice on 10/04 for 11/05.

Keep smiling :)

Lucky

I-140/I-485 concurrent filing

HI, guys

I am new comer.
I have a question about the concurrent filing I-140/I-485. My attorney told me that I still can file both at the same time now (I mean afterSep 31). But I am reading that this law only works in Aug and Sep. Is that true?

If anybody has inf about this, Please tell me

Thanks.

y

Last edited by a moderator:
please help , luckymb

Hi, luckymb:

I need to go to Boston to get EAD, please clarify what I need to bring with me to get it, just the I140 receipt, I485 receipt and money order for $120?

Do they tight the policy to issue EAD with the I140 still pending?

Thanks a lot

please help , luckymb

Hi, luckymb:

I need to go to Boston to get EAD, please clarify what I need to bring with me to get it, just the I140 receipt, I485 receipt and money order for $120?

Do they tight the policy to issue EAD with the I140 still pending?

Also what is the address of Boston Office?

Thanks a lot

to concurrent or not

Hello all-
I just got my LC approved last week- and am working on I-140 and I-485.
Can someone please advise the pros and cons of filing I-140 and I-485 concurrently?
Or else- what is the other advisable option- file I-485 after getting the receipt confirmation of I-140.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.