1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Derivative asylee return to their country of origin

Discussion in 'Political Asylum in USA' started by Winter1, Jul 12, 2006.

  1. Winter1

    Winter1 Registered Users (C)

    According to this website, http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nsc110504.html, derivative asylee spouse and children can return to their country of origin.
    But it says that a derivative asylee spouse and children can return to their country of origin with or without the principal. How can a NSC newsletter says that the principle asylee is allowed to return to their home country? I am wondering how reliable the whole information is.
    Can anyone provide the original NSC newsletter about this issue? Or any other source for the derivative travel?
    Thank you very much for the help.
  2. Exilado99

    Exilado99 Registered Users (C)

    My wife just came from home country

    Hey my wife traveled back home and she came from there, I am the main asylee, she came to US after my asylum was granted as my dependent two years ago. She did use the RTD and my son who was born here used american passport.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2006
  3. vdostoi1

    vdostoi1 Volunteer Moderator

    The principal asylee is not precluded from traveling back to his or her home country. The reasons for doing so would be examined, but the principal asylee is able to travel back to home country of alleged persecution.
  4. heather1usa

    heather1usa New Member

    Can I go back if I met and married my husband here?

    I was staying in the US as a student. My husband and I met in the US in 2005 and we got married in 2007. He was an asylee at that time. I filed for asylee relative petition through my husband and I got approved and we both now have green cards. I did not have anything to do with his political issues and I was not involved in what happened to him in our native country. I still have my valid passport. Can I go and visit my country although my status is asylee through my husband?

Share This Page