Dependent GC not approved

Sam K

Registered Users (C)
FOlks
my gc got approved on 23 (RD - 8/15). However, my wife's GC has not been approved yet. Typically the spouse's GC also gets approved at the same time.
I would like to know if anybody has faced a similar situation or someone knows a similar case. How long did it take before the spouse's case got approved in those cases?

thanks
samk.

Originally posted by Sam K
FOlks
my gc got approved on 23 (RD - 8/15). However, my wife's GC has not been approved yet. Typically the spouse's GC also gets approved at the same time. I would like to know if anybody has faced a similar situation or someone knows a similar case. How long did it take before the spouse's case got approved in those cases?

I cannot speak from personal experience, but there are three possibilities here:

1) Wife is approved, AVM for your wife hasn't been updated yet. The AVM is somewhat more reliable these days, but still possible.

2) Issues with her medical (Dr. forgot to sign it, etc. etc.) There may be an RFE coming, but it isn't going to be too much of a problem.

3) I-485 files got separated and will be processed differently, at which point your guess is as good as mine.

Remeber that if the primary applicant (you) are approved, that is the big thing. Once that has happened, your wife will be OK, since as a dependent she just needs to be married to you to get her GC.

Case Transfer

SamK,

Is your spouse case also transferred to Newark. My case is approved and for my spouse we got interview letter from Newark INS ?

Can you give me more detials abt transfer

Aug_3gc
My GC is approved on August 1st but my wife's (filed along with mine) is still pending...No RFE generated ,and AVM is still playing the same old message abt "FP received and processing resumed..."......

Could you please give me more info about your approval date and the date on which you got the interview letter for your spouse?

Also Sam_k , did your dependendant case get approved...

Thanks
Raj (my old id is rajeshpri)

Hi all,
In our case too, my husband’s case got approved on Jul 22, 2002 and mine did not. He is the primary applicant.

raj123456, my AVM message did not change either, it said "FP received and processing resumed". So, I spoke to an IIO the next day and she apologized that the AVM had not yet been updated and told me that I actually had an RFE. That evening, the AVM changed to that for an RFE and it said that it had been mailed on Jul 23 (the day I spoke to the IIO). Our lawyers received it a week later. I often wonder if I did not call how much longer it would take.

We have responded to the RFE and INS received it on Aug 7. I am still waiting to see what happens after that. :)

quest4gc