Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Never mind. That YL is confusing so many people, I found this after reading several immigration forums.

Online status has been updated to "Sent for standard interview". Should receive interview letter any time. It appears that following time durations are occurring for Denver N-400 applications.

Receipt date to FP date -- 25- 30 days
FP done to Interview date -- 40-60 days.

Please correct if it is a wrong assumption.

Good luck to nsc030104. We both are running 3 business days apart :)
Thanks, codon..

BTW, you did your FP on 12/1 and your status changed already to 'Sent for interview'. It is hardly a week. Then why do you say time from FP to Interview is 40-60 days?? Do you think the interview letter is sent more than a month in advance?

nsc030104,

My assumption is correct. I received my IL today(12/10/09). Actual notice date is 12/07/09. My interview date is shceduled for 12-Jan-10.

So the process time is roughly 70 days. I am not considering Oath time and Passport time.

===================

11/04/09 Priority date
12/01/09 FP date (done)
01/12/10 Interview date.

I received my IL today(12/10/09). Actual notice date is 12/07/09. My interview date is shceduled for 12-Jan-10.
Great!!!

I got the status update email/text as well. Your guesstimate of a 3-day difference is accurate..

Will you be doing the oath ceremony the same day?? I know 2 people who got this option automatically. Does this depend on the office? Any info is appreciated.

My assumption is correct. I received my IL today(12/10/09). Actual notice date is 12/07/09. My interview date is shceduled for 12-Jan-10.
I got my IL. It is scheduled for Jan 14. However, I will be couple weeks short to do the same day oath. I am considering rescheduling the interview date to some day after Feb 1. I have an appointment (Infopass) to talk about this tomorrow at the Centennial office.

Whaddaya think..???

All cool.

Naturalized today along with 79 others from 41 different countries.

USCIS office is a nice place with plenty of parking spots.

Appointment was at 10:45 AM. Reached the office around 10:15 AM. Got call around 11.15 AM. Officer was a lady and she is very nice. She went thru application again and confirmed if all the answers were correct.
Later she asked questions related to American civics and history. All first 6 answers were correct. She said that I passed the test and congratulated. She asked me if I want to take oath at 1:30 PM. I was ready.

I went to the same office around 1:00 PM. We were asked to come in exactly at 1:30 PM after waiting in the waiting area. Asked all of us to take oath. Some American history videos were shown. Whole Oath ceremony took 70 minutes. They handed over the citizenship certificates at the end. That was final.

People were happy and some of them came with their family and took pictures.

Will apply for passport tomorrow. It took 70 days to get citizenship certificate.

Good luck to others.

Codon
http://www.dealuncle.net

Cleared interview today. Very peaceful experience. New building with plenty of parking. Very friendly staff. Interview process took about 15 minutes.

Could not do same day oath as I am yet to complete 5 years as a PR. But the officers gave the oath letter in my hands right away. Scheduled for Feb 02.

Completed the oath ceremony yesterday.

Screwed up on one thing. My parents wanted to see the ceremony and went with me. But they forgot bring an ID (passport in their case). So the security did not let them in. They ended up waiting in the car for an hour or so. It was kinda dumb on my part to forget this, but it is a warning to others wanting to take friends/relatives to the ceremony. Nobody can go in without an ID.

Completed the oath ceremony yesterday.

Screwed up on one thing. My parents wanted to see the ceremony and went with me. But they forgot bring an ID (passport in their case). So the security did not let them in. They ended up waiting in the car for an hour or so. It was kinda dumb on my part to forget this, but it is a warning to others wanting to take friends/relatives to the ceremony. Nobody can go in without an ID.

Congrats nsc030104.

Where did you take your oath ceremony?

Hi nsc030104.

My question was which location did you take your Oath?
I have another question regarding the FP.
Did the FP location in Colfax and chamber accept any walk-in before your FP original day ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi nsc030104.

My question was which location did you take your Oath?
I have another question regarding the FP.
Did the FP location in Colfax and chamber accept any walk-in before your FP original day ?
The office on Arapahoe-Revere, near the Centennial Airport.

And I have no idea if the finger place office will allow early fingerprinting.

Hi everyone.
I had received a text message and e-mail around 1:45 AM Mountain Time.
Is this message about FP notice?

** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*XXXXXXXX Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On February 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Hi everyone.
How long it will take to get the FP original notice after you received an e-mail and text message notification on February 19th, 2010 saying the notice had been mail out on 17th on February.

Hi everyone.

Today Wednesday 17 march, 2010 I had received my original interview letter for April 19, 2010 at 8:45 am.

New member to the forum...seems like no activity on this Denver thread. My timeline is in my signature. Anybody else out there from Denver who applied in March?